1. shaylyn

shaylyn New Member

Rewarding Yourself

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shaylyn, Aug 6, 2012.

So, I'm the kind of person that works well under pressure or when I'm told I will be rewarded when I'm finished. A little side note, I love creating, not just stories but other things as well so I thought it would be cool if I made something for myself after I finished my book. I go on Etsy.com a lot and one thing I've found to be popular on there is themed charm bracelets. My sister got me a Hunger Games themed charm bracelet for my birthday, so all the charms on it have to do with the three books in the trilogy. I thought it would be rad to make myself a charm bracelet with charms that represent things in my book :)

I've already been researching charms and getting different ideas and this is what I've come up with. A tree, a house, a snowflake, a blue gemstone, the space needle, a gun, the letter J, the letter H, an envelope, a bullet, a traffic light and a human spine.

Ever rewarded yourself after reaching a goal?

2. SuttonMichael254

SuttonMichael254 Active Member

After a long hard days work i have a cold one... if that counts....

I do think it is a good idea to reward yourself... if you have done a great job and nobody else is going to reward you then why not right?

3. James Berkley

James Berkley Banned

after i do a good job i ussaly do somehting adventerous or as im told bad/dangerous/iresponsible as a reward to myself.

4. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Junk food n video games. Nuf said. ;)

5. Timberwolf

Timberwolf New Member

During a hellish slog through a long section of my most recent novel I'd celebrate each chapter by rattling off a couple of thousand words in a document called "Aaaargh". This was where I broke just about every rule and sometimes reversed through the wreckage to make sure. Thing is, a while back I loaded it on the Kindle for a laugh and found that I really liked the style. Think Charles Stross with a whiskey hangover.

So now it's become my main work while I wait for the other to settle and gather the dust it's so vital to blow away during the editing process. I did have a fight with it around 25k words, but broke through that with the old standby of blasting my head with old Northern Soul records.

6. webghoul

webghoul New Member

Sleeping for as much as I want is what I consider a reward. :D haha. I can sleep for around 15hrs a day :D

7. Stupid-Face

Stupid-Face New Member

I reward myself by lazing around and eating, bwahahaha.

8. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

I am rewarded by not getting fired from my job :D

Stuff I write that is not work related is rewarded if/when I am able to sell it to a publisher. That is free money that never existed in my budget.

9. ArtWander

ArtWander New Member

A cold one usually helps after a long work day :)

10. kärlek

kärlek New Member

I had to audit a math class in preparation for the next-level math I'll be taking next semester (next monday!) I hate math. Math is such a struggle for me, I don't understand even the most basic of functions and I have to work so hard in order to finally make sense of it. After working really hard all summer, I got a B+ in the class, which was much better than I expected! To celebrate, my brother and I went to a local arcade, one of my favorite places =) what made it even better was the fact that I won one of the games and scored 150 tickets, which gave me just enough to buy a really cool necklace which is probably the only non-tacky prize they offer! ^__^