Tags:
  1. Lew

Lew Contributor Contributor

Books-a-Million vs. Amazon

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by Lew, Mar 30, 2017.

I was just contacted by BAM at my request, to see about moving my two books to that venue. Anyone have any experience with BAM, or should I remain on Amazon? The advantages I see are that I can get into Ingrams, and through them to Overdrive and libraries. Also other Indie bookstore seem to require Ingram. Other advantages include porting to Nook and Ipad formats.

Are there ways to get those things through Amazon? There is a cost and reformatting delay through BAM. Anyone work with them and how good are they to work with?

2. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Why not both? I guess, publishing-wise, you could only pick one, but distribution...

I say, if it's the same series, keep it with the same publisher. If it's completely new, switch over.

3. Homewriting

Homewriting New Member

To be honest, I'm unsure myself. I've self published with Amazon, and I've tried with other places, and Amazon always came out on top by the sheer fact that its the biggest market out there currently.

4. joe sixpak

joe sixpak Banned

Why do you have to be limited?
    Many services such as bookbaby will distribute your book through every major channel world wide including amazon.