1. redjoker

redjoker New Member

Wikidpad - crosslinked notepad

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by redjoker, Nov 5, 2008.

http://wikidpad.sourceforge.net/

I found this a couple of weeks ago and been finding it immensely useful. It's very simple & intuitive to use and perfect for storing bits and pieces of information like character profiles, research, plot ideas, etc. or even for working on your novel and keeping each chapter separate. You can add different sized titles, bold, italics, etc. and save it as a .html file complete with links, if you want.

It's basically just like having a tabbed notebook, except bits of paper don't fall out when you open it. Thought it might be of interest to you folk. :D

2. Dcoin

Dcoin New Member

Yes, but then what will become of my Post-It addiction?

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It will continue to stick with you.

4. tehuti88

tehuti88 New Member

I'd like to try programs like this but then I look at the "How To" and help sections on how they work and just...can't get any of it at all. :( It's just way too complicated. It's like I'd have to learn a whole new language just to keep notes.

5. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

I used Zim ( a similar program ) but after a few months of using it, I simply stopped. I keep all my notes in a single txt file backed up everywhere, though I still occasionally use it to help me with large programming projects.

6. Etan Isar

Etan Isar Contributor Contributor

I've thought about using something like this for worldbuilding, but never got around to it.

7. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

I was looking for something like this, but the desktop-based one I found required my to be connected to the internet at all times, which I didn't like. Who knows, I may give it a try just for fun.

8. woken2reason

woken2reason New Member

I found notes best writen on paper, whats the use of a note that has been corupted or lost in some floder that you never use?

9. Alex_Hartman

Alex_Hartman New Member

I love Post-It notes!

I use One Note since it came with Windows Office 2007. It is the most amazing thing ever...unfortunately my post-it notes are feeling a little on the lonely side.