1. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Male view of showering.

Discussion in 'Research' started by Elgaisma, Jan 22, 2011.

OK keeping it clean please lol - rereading over my stories I think my shower scenes are a bit feminine.

Guys if you wouldn't mind sharing with me a shower scene :) (not of the Psycho or Shark Attack III kiss scene variety - I am trying to get a 17 year old boy clean alone without his girlfriend). If you don't I am going to shave his legs. And um please edit it for information that is of the too much variety.

2. art

art Contributor Contributor

Oh f*** me that's hot must remember the correct sequence so I don't end up washing my face straight after washing my well you know um nice abs old boy bugger all this running water shall I take a piss or hold on done

4 mins have passed. The delightfully sculpted figure steps from the cubicle.:)

1 person likes this.
  3. Elgaisma

lol that is fabulous :) I was a bit concerned about the responses I would get why I am not asking hubby don't wanna know :)

4. Lothgar

Lothgar New Member

Lothgar steps into the blasting stream of the hot shower. The hot steaming water pounds his chest under high pressure, he can feel the dead skin, sweat and mud flaking off and being washed away. It feels good.

Leaning forward, the blasting spray of hot water rises up over his face and begins to wash the mud, oil and dried blood out of his hair.

Yes...the water is too damn hot to be comfortable, but he'll not adjust it down. Such things are for wusses.

Leaning back out of the streaming water, Lothgar tilts his head back, allowing the water to flow through his long brown hair and drain down his back, as the blasting shower head sprays his chest with hot water.

Wiping the water from his eyes, he slowly opens them and looks for the shampoo. Squirting a blob into his calloused hand, he bangs the bottle back on the shelf with an unceremonious and hollow sounding clack.

Clapping his shampoo laden hand upon his scalp, he roughly begins rubbing his thick hair with great vigor...careful to avoid the blood caked wound on the left side. Note to self, I must make Charlie pay for that one.

Ducking his head under the blasting shower head once more, the suds are flushed from his locks...and a bit of the shampoo washes into his scalp wound, burning like a hot match. Lothgar's grim face tenses, but he isn't about to allow anyone else who may be about hear him grunt in pain...its a guy thing.

Grabbing up a cake of soap, Lothgar vigorously lathers up his wash cloth and begins scrubbing his matted chest hair. The lathered cloth scours the dead skin and daily sweat from his tanned, muscled body, as he abrasively begins scrubbing his limbs with the zeal of a carpenter sanding fine wood. The daily grime is stripped away and flushed from his body be the blasting stream of hot, steaming water.

A flick of the wrist sends the faucet wheel spinning, shutting off the flow of water to the shower head. Lothgar's glistening, wet body, strides forward, his muscles rippling with each step. After a quick, brisk toweling off, he turns to get dressed...

...only to discover that some SOB has stolen his trousers :eek:

5. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Has this young man had a shower before or is it a new experience for him?
    If he is not familiar with the process, then he may be bemused by his new experience.

6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Well, I'll have to blast Amos into the modern times for this. (He's 1700s)

Amos pulled the curtain across and felt for the metal knob that controlled the water. Pulling it up, he almost yelped as hot water struck his bare back, scalding it.

"<expletive!>" was all he could muster as he shut the valve off and shoved himself into the corner. He should've known better as his brother, Robin, always loved taking boiling hot showers. This time, he pulled up slowly, carefully adjusting the turn so the water temperature decreased to moderately warm.

That little crisis over, Amos took a rag that hung from a metal bar and soaked it as he reached for the soap. As he began to scrub himself, he began to sing a little tune.

"Do do do do de do do de dooo..."

It was a tune from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. His friends had recently bought a DVD set of the Original Trilogy and yesterday they watched Episode V.

That was much as I could write. XD I didn't want it to be painfully long, plus...well...it's odd writing Amos in the modern period.

1 person likes this.
  7. vanarie

vanarie New Member

There is something that every guy does in the shower but I won't mention it...

;)

8. Elgaisma

yes this one has showered before lol just i realised my description was just shy of shaving his legs and waxing bikini lines :)

And I am aware of that one thing but whilst Socrates wouldn't care if I revealed his dirty habits to the world Angus who I am currently writing would be mortified :)

9. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

Hm, not sure what the differences between male and female showering would be. For me, it's just soak, apply shampoo to hair, apply soap/shower cream to rest of body, and rinse off. The dirtiest parts of the body may require an extra round (and that includes the armpits, since male sweat tends to smell more than female).

Shaving is preferably done after showering, when the skin is soft from the warm water. Some guys use balsam and aftershave/perfume. Using make-up still seems very uncommon among guys (although the cosmetics producers are eager to push their products onto a whole new demographic).

A hairy guy who cares about his looks may trim his body hair, especially at the lower back.

Oh, and when you're seventeen, you're likely plagued by pimples. If they're bad, you may feel inclined to apply anti-pimple cream right after showering so you can wear it the whole day. This may include parts of the neck, shoulders and upper back.

10. Link the Writer

I agree with Islander. It's kinda the same as how females take a shower. =) Only we're more dirtier, therefore we have to scrub harder.

11. Elgaisma

Actually your descriptions have helped me realise what makes it girly :)

Do you think he would use spot stuff if he had a busted lip and bruised face? Maybe it has moved on since I was a teen but used to be alcohol stuff/

12. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributor Contributor

I don't feel like I qualify to be a girl any more after reading this thread. :p I need to go buy so much SHOWER stuff. Clouds of pink steam must fill the room! *runs off to the body shop at 10 in the night*

13. Link the Writer

Let me put it another way: Guys don't care about their body that much. The only reason we do take baths is because we understand that girls are turned off by smelly guys.

14. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

You mean to hide the bruise? Most guys where I grew up wouldn't care about that, but I have the impression that guys from the upper class are more likely to pay close attention to their looks.

15. Elgaisma

No more would he bother to hide the spot if his face was already a mess ? Also the stuff I had for spots as a teen would have hurt like hell on a split lip or bruise ?

16. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I'm a woman but .................... I think whether a teen guy would hide a busted lip would depend on how he got said busted lip....if he got beat up by a school bully or a fight at home, he'd want it hidden, but if he survived an awesome fight that he won and can brag about, he might want it as a battle scar? Just a thought. :)

17. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

why do you have to describe it?... why not just say he takes a shower and leave it up to the reader to provide the details?

18. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

I agree with you all. And the main point I wanted to add is what Mal has already said. Some guys would probably want to show off their bruises if it was received in a manly brawl. :) But, Elgaisma, I don't think Angus is the type to conceal it? Maybe but maybe not?

19. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

I would like to add that if the male character in the shower scene has long hair, it wouldn't be uncommon for him to use shampoo and conditioner for his hair. Shampoo and conditioner. Those are two different items, not the shampoo/conditioner that are combined into one. Because every girl knows that when they are combined as one single item they don't work as well. ;)

I had a male friend who grew his hair long. He cared enough about it to ask all his female friends how to properly care for it. :)

20. Elgaisma

I had forgotten that Shun does it later for him lol He is disgusted with it at the moment - OK thanks everyone off to shower Angus lol

21. EineKleine

EineKleine New Member

I'm a teen guy, for a few more days, and I am happy to tell you my shower routine :D

Firstly, I don't shower unless I see people who aren't my family. I usually get up in the morning, go downstairs, drink an obscene amount of coffee and write until night. At that point, when a friend comes over or I go out, I have a shower first. My showers are extremely quick, and my ex-girlfriend told me I never dry off. I literally jump in, wash my hair, quick scrub, and then jump out and hastily dry off.

However, this is probably different for every guy, just thought this might help a bit.

22. Elgaisma

Thanks EineKline it is useful - all have been the scene feels more like a lad showering then he can't find a towel, but has a major issue about being naked only to find his particularly pretty girlfriend who he has yet to have sex with in his bedroom.

23. EineKleine

EineKleine New Member

Interesting...On that note, I had a similar situation when I was about sixteen. I came out of the shower to get a towel and my girlfriend and her/my friend (also female) were in my room...very embaressing. I just acted like it was nothing and walked out of the room naked and over to my brothers room where I got a towel. Hahaha. :p

24. Elgaisma

LOL Angus was less dignified, in space of 24 hours his dad had died, he'd been ina nasty fight, oh and he was very, very ill from having poisoned.

Also his girlfriend whistled and made comments :) Then asked him to marry her.

25. Spacer

Spacer Active Member

Some details you might want to think about:

The sprayer is never high up enough. Some men might be much taller than the standard height. I also have to duck under the bar at the top of the shower enclosure's door.

Not much head hair and don't care much about it: don't need to wash it every time, and don't make a big deal of it.

I have trouble rinsing my mustache, as the water can go up my nose and make me gag.

I agree with other posters: the drain is always a temptation. :redface:

Soap like "Lava" is made with sandpaper. Getting wood glue, paint, engine oil, etc. off can be a challenge.

An earlier poster humorously mentioned blood and grime. Seriously, I might discover or need to deal with cuts, scrapes, and bruises gathered while doing whatever manly things.