1. Glide5

Glide5 New Member

New fiction writer to the forums

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Glide5, Dec 8, 2014.

Hello there all, I am a new member to these forums. I am here looking for advice on how to begin the publishing process. I recently finished writing and editing a novel over the course of two years, so now I am just trying to gather information on how to published. I know it isn't an easy process, but it is the next step in the writing process for me. I am also looking for feedback on my novel, so I might be interested in sending out small sections to people to here what you think.

My novel is a work of fiction. The main story is an adventure novel of sorts, with an aging main character who is tired of his job as a Royal messenger in a world that is starting to fall apart around him. What makes my novel different is how my narrator interacts with the reader. My narrator is talkative and slightly disconnected from the world of his story. At key points in the novel, he has sections where he talks about his day, sometimes revealing story information, sometimes not telling much at all.

I am not an english major or anything like that. I am a recent business grad who just enjoys writing. I hope to hear back from some of you on here!

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Hi, Glide welcome to the group! Congrats on finishing your novel!

3. the_evil_ted

the_evil_ted New Member

Yes indeed, congratulations on completing your book. I'm also new and behind you in that I have yet to finish editing my book.
    That said, great to meet you!

4. Glide5

Glide5 New Member

If you ever need editing advice, feel free to ask me. It took me the better part of a year to edit my novel. Biggest thing I can say is, try to find someone else to read it who will give you complete feedback. I had two friends of mine, a research librarian and a humanities professor, help me with my editing. They were harsh at times, but they also made me grow as a writer. You need someone who will tell you what is wrong and why, as well as what is right and why.

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

6. the_evil_ted

the_evil_ted New Member

Thanks Glide, we will have to talk.

At the moment my wife is red penning my manuscript. She's a harsh, harsh critic but also not into the genre (sci-fi(ish)).

7. Glide5

Glide5 New Member

Ya it can help if you have someone whose not a fan of the style check out your book. You get a much different set of feedback from them haha.

8. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)
    Here's our New Member Guide to get you started. Make sure to check out the bit about the Workshop if you are interested in receiving feedback.

Congratulations on finishing your novel. :)

-Kat