1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

What style suits you best?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Feb 2, 2008.

Ok I am the kind of person that has a very broad sense of fashion and very bold as well. No matter what I always stand out in a crowd. I don't do it for that reason, but because it is how I like to dress and feel comfortable.

I wear goth clothing, punk, cyber, fairie, average every day clothing, etc.

But what kind of clothing do you wear?
    Do you fit into the normal everyday category?
    Goth? Punk? Retro? Cyber?
    Or are you a TOTAL individual?
    What style are you into?

So lets have it everyone, what do you like to wear?

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

My style is my own... gamer. I have a hoard of nintendo clothing and a Sonic the Hedgehog tee shirt. That should pretty much say it.

3. Klee

Klee New Member

I guess I dress normally, just jeans and a shirt, maybe an occasional jacket. Sometimes I dress up nicely on weekends, and cosplay at events.

4. Torana

hehe I always dress up though. I always look like I am ready for a night out on the town. Well 90% of the time anyways.

I'm obsessed with clothing, as a typical female! :D

5. TheFedoraPirate

TheFedoraPirate New Member

Um, well, my sister would argue strongly against it being called style but I dress in baggy jeans, a T-Shirt with some witty or random saying (like "Yossarian Lives!"), a fedora, and depending on the weather, a trenchcoat.

6. Hulk

Hulk Banned

I also love to dress up. And i'm really obsessed with my hair.

7. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I wear baggy shorts or jeans depending on the weather and I have various punk band and movie shirts. I wear a jacket in winter and nike shoes. Yeah, nothing too special about me. :D

8. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66, Black accented with Grey Tiger Stripes.
    'Nuff said.

9. Torana

You have good taste adamant!

10. Torana

are you being serious here or just joking?

Just cause I'm not sure!

I know I am obsessed with my hair and always dress up.

11. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I change my style like the weather :p I would not say it is the same as everyone else, I tend to lookk a little dressier than my mates at the moment and it is different, but not so different I'd get stares as I walked down the road.

At the moment I like my skinny jeans, tight jumpers and Ugg boots. Perfect winter combo :D

12. Montag

Montag New Member

I don't really have a style, it depends on what I'm doing. I'm not a very fashionable person. Usually jeans and a collar shirt, or hoody in winter, or light cargoes and a greyish or black shirt. I don't wear white shirts, and only wear shorts at the beach or a get together or something. I'm not very good at picking what I look good in, I always have to ask someones opinion. However, I always have my red sneakers on. I dont know why, I just like them them.

Edit: oh and this has little to do with the thread, but today it was 37 degrees in the city, and I noticed this girl wearing black furry leather boots, a black furry skirt and jacket, and fishnet stockings and leather gloves. Damn, she must have been hot under all that. Some people go to great lenghts to look good. And yeah, she did look good, but still...

13. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I always try to buy nice things.
    Then just wear anything I please. :D

14. Torana

see at teh mo I'm wearing a strapless dress that one would wear to the beach I spose. It is really nice and very casual for me to be honest. But like always I have to look really good when I am around people. I hate looken like I am haven a lazy day at home. I'm fussy I spose. Some say a snob but I just like to look my best ALL the time or not be seen at all.

And heather I could never wear ugg boots. Too casual no offense intended just personal preference I spose.

15. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

No offense taken.

I like looking more casual, but the sort of casual that took you three hours to sort out and you look stunning, but people think you've just shot something on. It is a very hard thing to create :p I would love to have the balls to wear dressier stuff, like some heels and skirts and stuff but I just don't, lol.

16. Torana

LOL well I spend hours picking out da right thing to wear while I am unable to sleep. Sometimes I just look like a freak though but its all good

17. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Cyber? Fairy? Geez- what do you get up to at midnight? And I've seen you quite a lot of the time when your not really dressed up- just casual stuff. And scary clothes as well

Me? I prefer comfort. jeans and a shirt.

18. Torana

hahahahaha the clothes rock DOZ you should see them. Well you will when I get them lol and I tone down a lot now when I go visit people. Case of haven to really.

19. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

My preferred attire is jeans and a pocket tee shirt - I always have a pen with me. At work, I have to wear slacks and a button down shirt, but I still stick with short sleeves.

However, before I was bound by a boring dress code, I wore dark jeans (no faded jeans!) to work, and colorful shirts - Hawaiian shirts or printed tees, and my sneakers had fluorescent orange laces on one foot, fluorescent green on the other. I used to wear several earrings back then as well.

20. milove

milove New Member

I like to wear "prep" cloths and expensive ones too. I'm not stuck up or anything. They are just comfy and cute! :)

21. Torana

haha that they are actually. The prep look is awesome! :p

22. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

Unless I'm doing my daily run, I don't wear pants, jeans or shorts. Skirts, either mid-thigh or mid-calf, never anything in the middle. (I'm very short and a hemline around the knee makes me look stubby.) Tank tops or wife beaters in the summer, sweaters or turtlenecks in the winter.

The only real rule I make for myself about my dress is, "the shorter the skirt, the higher the heel."

My ever present messenger bag, to hold notebooks, pens, pocket dictionary and pocket thesarus.

Most everything from one of my favorite thrift stores or the resale shop (but only during clearance sales.)

I'm not sure what style that is, or if it is a style at all.

23. Torana

hahaha wife beaters rock I have one and look so damn good in it too lol tis the most casual thing I got lolz

and ray weird is the way to go :p I always dress weird according to a mate of mine. Showed up at her place with a blue corset, denim mini skirt, net socks, stilettos with a lace up the calf, net gloves and she was like "OH MY GOSH I AM NOT OPENING THE DOOR! WTF?" I laughed my butt off though. You should have seen her face it was priceless! :p

24. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

I get the white ones and dye them -- some even tie-dyed.

25. Torana

I just leave em white. White looks good with a sexy pair of blue denim face off jeans.

The only brand of jeans I will wear unless they are imports from a goth or punk shop! :D :p