1. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Bug Report [Solved] Bookstore layout

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by AnonyMouse, Apr 8, 2015.

Any word on when / if the bookstore's page layout will be fixed? I don't know if it's just my browser, but the bookstore page always appears cut off on the right side and the text in the right frame is massive, as if there's some kind of font size glitch.

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

The bookstore page is provided by Amazon and has a fixed width. This is the reason why it appears to be cut off if the browser window is too narrow. As far as I know there is no way to fix this (since Amazon are the ones with the control over the layout), though maybe it would be possible to add a border or something along the right side to make the store look less "cut off" and more like it's too wide. There is a scroll bar at the bottom of the page (way down) that can be used to scroll the store sideways (not an optimal solution, though).

As for the size, you're right. There appears to be a glitch where the text size goes sky-high when the browser window becomes too narrow...
    Screenshot 2015-04-08 19.09.35.png

3. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Nevermind, it seems to be a screen resolution issue. :)

Zooming out fixes it... though this does make for tiny font, which is a pain to read on older computers. I caught on when I realized my laptop (much newer, operating at 1260 resolution) doesn't have this issue, while my desktop (about fifteen years old, 7- or 800-something resolution) looks the way your screenshot does. Also, the aforementioned desktop isn't "widescreen" the way newer flatscreen monitors are. Probably not Amazon's or WF's fault; just old computers falling behind the times. In any case, I've sorted it out. Thanks.