1. JDavidB

JDavidB Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JDavidB, Feb 18, 2016.

Hi there. I've always been making stories in my head and I've always loved to write, but I have a really hard time forcing my self to work on things at first. I'm not a self starter. I've recently got back into writing, I haven't done much yet but I've learned that when I'm inspired to do something I need to do it right away or else I'll lose my motivation. Once I've forced myself to do something for long enough it becomes a habit that's hard to break, so I've decided to go all in this time around. I've just joined a writers club in my town and have made accounts on all the free self publishing websites, like FictionPress. I've joined this forum to hopefully learn more about the art of writing, as opposed to just winging it like I normally would. I've only lurked here for a few days and I've already learned what "narrative intrusion" is, so I guess things are off to a good start.

I've mostly written comedy throughout the years, but I also do sci-fi and fantasy. Right now I'm working on a dark "Magical Girl" book. If you don't know what that means just think Sailor Moon, expect violent. That's the basic gist.

2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Hello sir. Welcome and I hope you do learn something. I've certainly been getting a lot out of it.

JDavidB likes this.
  3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Don't be surprised if this forum becomes a little addictive.

JDavidB likes this.
  4. Penfist

Penfist Member

Do you intend to use any of your comedy writing in front of a live audience in the future? As in - standup?

Regards,

Pen

JDavidB likes this.
  5. JDavidB

JDavidB Member

All of my comedy writing has been for online parodies. 95% of it has not seen the light of day because finding people to make the parodies with is very hard. Also like I said I struggle with staying motivated. I've never thought about doing stand up. If I where to do something live it would be "who's line is anyway" type deal.