1. ketanco

ketanco Member

word or pubilsher to use

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by ketanco, Apr 3, 2016.

Hello it is my first message
    i am writing a book about a certain product type and my book will have about 100 graphics or product photos. I will self publish in createspace.
    my question is, what do i do as far as photos, use ms word and insert photos into ms word or use publisher ? finally i must come up with one pdf file and submit to createspace.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Use Word, preferably. Download the Createspace template for the size of book you want, which should be a Word document, and start with that.

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

Make sure you don't use copyrighted material without permission from the copyright holder.

4. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

And make sure that the images you embed are up to CreateSpace's standards of size and resolution. In other words, use at least the minimum resolution they specify, and make sure that the images are exactly the same size as the way they'll appear in the text. I learned this the hard way, of course.