1. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

Looking for Lasting Partnerships

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Burnistine, Nov 12, 2015.

I'm new to this forum. I'm hoping to begin partnerships with several people through the completion of their book. I'm working on a family saga, have written a romance--don't think I'm that good at writing romance, have a crime novel, and two mainstream novels I want to complete after I finish the family saga. I write for a Christian magazine and have written and published a romantic short story. I've got a lot going on, but I'm afraid I'm not getting as much as I want done.

If you're interested in partnering, please let me know. I don't do LBGT, fantasy, or paranormal.

I have a story up for critique entitled "WC - A family saga." (No, this isn't the real title I'll use for publishing.)

2. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

Hi and welcome! Unfortunately my current WIP is about the burgeoning friendship between a transgender elf and a gay ghost.

3. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

Aaah. Well, if you ever write in another genre, let me know.

4. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Think my sarcasm detector just exploded on that one!

Alas, I do non-fiction or fantasy fiction, just do not take Chinspinner too seriously... that is if you didn't catch it.

5. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

I didn't catch it. It's late.

6. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

I write paranormal and fantasy, so I guess I'm not invited to the party either.

Btw, the acronym is LGBTQ. Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer. If you're gonna exclude all those sexualities, I think you could at least cite them accurately. :whistle:

If you wanna be really thorough, you could say you don't do
    LGBTQIA: IA being Intersex and Asexual, respectively.

Hope you find the collaboration you seek. Also welcome to the forum.

I'll critique your work if you want, just can't share my own with you. (Silently laughing about this so hard.)

Izinguard likes this.
  7. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

My error in using the wrong acronym is proof enough that I'm not qualified for this genre. I stand corrected. I must say, I haven't heard "Queer" in a very long time. Thought we had stop using that word. Thanks for the welcome. If you want to join the party and critique my chapter, please do so. I'm sending you balloons and party favors. Can you see them falling from the ceiling?

8. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

If you want to be really, really, thorough, he could say he doesn't don't do LGBTQIA*, the * denoting a unique placement that only applies to me and nobody else because I feel I deserve special recognition

Imaginarily likes this.
  9. Chinspinner

Yes! More labels I say, everyone needs their own little pigeon-hole to occupy.

Imaginarily likes this.
  10. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

Oookay, I'm laughing out loud now. That's hilarious. It's after midnight, and you guys are cracking jokes. Will I be able to count on you guys to get serious about a critique? If this is any indication, I'm in for a ride. :)

11. Imaginarily

@Burnistine I will critique your work honestly at some point. Poke me every now and then so I don't forget.

I'm a little butthurt that you won't look at mine, though. :wtf:

Corbyn likes this.
  12. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

Sorry. I have enough issues. I won't nudge you for the critique. If I don't get feedback, I'll keep plugging along. I've got a lot of rewrites ahead of me. This family saga is long, very long. I won't be posting most of it. Too much to ask someone to put in that kind of time. What you will probably see is snippets of chapters or paragraphs. Write something else in a different genre, and I'll be happy to critique it. Talk to you soon.

13. Imaginarily

To each their own.

I violently protest your intolerance, but hey. You're allowed to have your preferences just like everyone else.

Best wishes for your saga.

DiamondParagon and Corbyn like this.
  14. AldyfaRN

AldyfaRN New Member

I'm interested ;) I'm also looking for someone who writes crime story to mix up with my fiction-superhero story

Hit me up if you would like to work together :D

15. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

I will look at what you put in the workshop, sure, just remind me

16. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

AWESOME! Tell me something about you and what your writing objectives are for the next year.

Here's a little about me:

I wrote a romance and published it in January. There wasn't much "sexual heat" in it, but in the end the boy got the girl. I have this idea in my head that I don't want to write anything that would make my Christian brothers and sisters blush. I'm still trying to find the happy median with that idea. I have several books I've started over the years, but because I worked full-time, I never finished them. Since I write fulltime now, my goal is to complete them. But my absolute main focus is to finish my family saga. I love the story and it drives home an important message.

The first thing publishers, agents, and editors will ask you when they accept your book is, "Is your book published on any public/social forum?" They get nervous about potential sales if you're already out there in the public forums. Because of that, I probably won't expose anymore full chapters. Especially in this forum. The way I understand it, this forum does "not" delete postings. So to place myself in a position where I'd have to request for a deletion might put me in a compromising position. At some point, I'd like to do exchanges by private e-mail. If that's not okay with you, please advise.

I'm excited about our potential partnership because I'd love to pick up my crime novel again and bounce ideas off you. The prologue, I think, is very intriguing. But I must confess, I know "nothing" and I do mean "nothing" about crime. I couldn't even tell you how a police department operates. Right now I'm at a point in my family saga where I have to stop and research the credentials of a sheriff and his role with the police department of a small town. I don't even watch television shows often enough to understand any of this. So, I do hope we can partner and help each other. I'm looking forward to it.

17. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

Oooh, but I'm tolerant. Just using my God-given right to pick and choose what I want to dump inside my head. I'm protecting me and my thought processes, not insulting or lecturing someone else over their right to do it their way.

18. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Important to note that requests for Collaborative efforts must be done within the Collaboration subforum, for which there is a requisite before using.

19. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Hi Burnistine, welcome to the group!
    Let me know when you want something critiqued.
    I have to admit I like that you put your preferences up front. I've gotten wrangled on other sites into reading some pretty weird stuff by not spelling out some preferences. ( Even though I like horror, the one I read was pretty darn disgusting - and the writer didn't even warn me. And then another story was a major rant against something that had me cringing all the way through it. Again no warning. They didn't even hint about the issues when they described their pieces.
    Ah, well live and learn. )

20. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

CAN YOU TELL ME IF THE RECEIVER OF MY POST got to read it? I don't want to rewrite all this.

21. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Feel free to take it to PM where you can freely exchange writing privately. And no, I'm afraid there's no telling if the person you intended to read your post has read it.

22. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

You know, I find QUILTBAG much easier to remember. :whistle:

minstrel and Imaginarily like this.
  23. Chinspinner

Just gotta add my twenty cents... or whatever the phrase is. If the fellah does not want to write ABCDE or FGHIJK, that is his prerogative. Not my place to sit in judgement. Although by virtue of this post I am sitting in judgement... but ignore that.

Imaginarily likes this.
  24. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

25. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

Thank you.