1. AriaF

AriaF New Member

Introductions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AriaF, Aug 6, 2015.

Hi there,

My name is Aria, I am a mother to a 9 month old baby girl and an aspiring writer. I have countless ideas and novel/story beginnings but no endings. I have struggled with self-motivation and discipline ever since I began writing as a child and was hoping having a group of fellow writers to discuss ideas and problem areas with would help motivate me to write all the way to the end.

I graduated University with a degree in English, Writing, Rhetoric and Discourse in 2012, and am currently toying with the idea of a YA crime novel.

Lindsey Leach likes this.
  2. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome to the forum Aria and congrats on being a new mum :superhello:
    I used to also have self discipline problems, until I hit 27 and taught myself guitar. After that I've been much more focused. Hope you find something that helps you focus too.

3. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. :)

I also have a problem with self discipline and motivation a lot of the time. Like Song said, there might be an activity that helps you to focus. I personally have not found mine yet.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  4. dreamersky1212

dreamersky1212 Active Member

Hello, I too am a new writer. I find that I need one place that is mine in order to write. If I start writing everywhere in my apartment then I start making a mess (of my apartment and my story). So it's easier if I write on my couch. I am comfy and it is "my" spot. Couch for writing, everything else for...well everything else. It separates writing time from non writing time and makes things feel organized (even though they totally aren't).

Lindsey Leach likes this.
  5. Lindsey Leach

Lindsey Leach New Member

Hi, Aria
    I also have a difficult time finishing the stories I begin. I actually have that problem in many aspects of my life! It's like I have a fear of watching things come to an end. Yea...that sounds much better than procrastination...lets go with that!

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Aria. :)

As you can see, lots of people here are going through the same thing -- myself included! It's good to get a routine going. Set yourself goals, even small ones, and soon you've got the rhythm down and it becomes easier to start and finish. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat