1. Mardew

Mardew New Member

Hello to all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mardew, Mar 11, 2017.

Hi, everyone. I just joined and I am so grateful for having found this site. My writing journey began only a few short years ago after the real estate market crashed. My husband and I had our own real estate business which we sold to a big company. I "retired" and began writing. I have self-published two books for children in the last year and a half. One is non-fiction picture book the other a historical fiction. Both books are very short as they are for younger children.

My biggest focus is learning how to marketing the books. I haven't sold very many of either and want to learn how to get the word out about my stories. Currently working on a full-length mystery (paranormal/historical fiction) and also a couple of other books for young children.

Am I trying to do too much? I'm almost 62 and feel like I need to speed up the process to get my name out there. Dumb, I know, but I've finally found a career that I am totally enjoying and want to make the best of it. And make some money in the process.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

We've chatted already in other spaces and places, but I thought a hearty welcome within our realms was still in order. :bigwink:

Welcome! :-D

Mardew likes this.
  3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Welcome @Mardew! I hope you enjoy the forums.

Mardew likes this.
  4. Mardew

Mardew New Member

Thank you. Look forward to getting to meet you all. Excited that I found this site.