Tags:
  1. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Heya from nc

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Aerisfullofwhimsy, Sep 26, 2015.

Hello,
    I am new (of course) and reside in Western North Carolina, the Blue Ridge. I am horrible at introductions and probably worse at grammar. Way to represent my region, right?
    Anyway, my main focus is short stories because I have not the attention span even for a three chapter book/novella right now. I guess I would say I write general fiction. Sometimes I focus on regional themes, but mostly just modern adult fiction. I could also say that some of my style leans towards dark humor, or just things that humor myself. Not sure yet about that.
    I am very happy to have found this forum. Thanks for having me :superhello:

2. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Hello and welcome, I am also focusing on short stories and mostly horror related.

3. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

Welcome. I look forward to reading it.

4. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

5. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

I love a dark humoured short story. Looking forward to reading your posts. :)

Aerisfullofwhimsy likes this.
  6. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Thank you Tenderiser. Awesome :)

7. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

I like to write dark humor, too. Welcome! :)

8. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

I think all humor is great, but dark humor is the best. If you don't laugh, you're going to cry, right?

NotTonightJosephine likes this.
  9. Indigo Sugar

Indigo Sugar Member

Welcome to the show, I am also new. Though I'm sure the "new member" under my name gave it away before I mentioned it.

I look forward to seeing some of your posts in the future (& some of those dark humored short stories too!)

See you around the forum!!

10. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Thank you Indigo Sugar: ) I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us as well!

11. Indigo Sugar

Indigo Sugar Member

It might be awhile before you see some of my work.

These critiques we have to complete before we can post will prove to be rather challenging for me. There are some amazing critiques done out there, which have left me feeling rather intimidated. I shall rise to the challenge eventually... I am just barely a week in, so I still have another week to sit in the corner and observe. :)

12. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

I understand, I feel the same honestly. The critiques (and workshop entries) I have read so far are really well done and come from a place of knowledge, that I will probably never have (as far as critiquing). So even if I get the 20 + post minimum and the throw in my own two critiques, I will probably sit back and twiddle my thumbs for as long as I can, until I know I need to shove my stuff out there to get feedback. I am also terrible, I mean embarrassingly so, at grammar. It's sort of like a piano player that can't read a note and bangs around on the keys until something sounds right, that's how I do what I do. Except it seems to go smoother for a musician than a writer to lack such a knowledge of their chosen passions. I'm sure you'll do fine Indigo. Just your postings on the forum are interesting so I'm sure your a good writer (not just saying that to be nice, because I am rather unpleasant asshole in general :dead: )

13. Indigo Sugar

Indigo Sugar Member

Ahhh! We will be great comrades on this journey then! My mom was the grammar police at my house, though now years later... I've fallen back into some bad habits. However! The knowledge here is endless, I'm sure we'll be able to absorb some of it! I find it much easier to learn song lyrics and sing along then I do to know the difference between *insert grammatical word here* and *insert another grammatical reference here* :)

I have a nice seat int he back row. If you'd like to join me and observe from a far for a bit, I'll save you a seat!

14. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Why thank you, it's a comfortable seat at that :) My mom was sort of the grammar police too, but then she would stub a toe or have to spend an hour hanging around my dad and I would learn the most glorious curse words.They were so colorful, it was blinding. I peeked at your profile (creepy right :supercool: ? ) and saw that you're a July baby too (astrology was a huge interest in my home too, thanks to mom again) Not sure if I believe 100 % in that but I'm open minded. I'm not very musical inclined either, although I live with a musician and I should be better at grammar, since I live with a huge nerd too.

15. JustinCupcake

JustinCupcake Member

Welcome! Can't wait to read what comes!

16. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Thanks Justin! Can't wait to see your creations as well :)

17. Desttinghim

Desttinghim New Member

It seems that we are all joining together. It will be a pleasure to see what you come up with.

18. Indigo Sugar

Indigo Sugar Member

Totally creepy! *hides* All creepiness aside though, July is the best month to be born in! I've always been big into Astrology... so much that when I create characters I go right down to their astrological sign helping me give them their traits/personality flaws etc. I'll know I did that in my stories, but will anyone else? :p We have great moms. haha :supergrin:

19. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Thanks and agreed, Desttingham. And it will be nice to see what you are going to come up with too!

20. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Bwahhaahaa! I actually have done the astrological charts of my characters too. Make clumsy goofy Aries but with a Libra moon (for balance and such) and then make a crazy intelligent Aquarius with a Virgo rising, making a great humanitarian. I sometimes use the Myers-Briggs types too though. I thought I was the only one. Yeah, my mom is great... sometimes lol.

21. Indigo Sugar

Indigo Sugar Member

Well we're definitely turning out to be bird of a feather. Shall we flock together??

I agree on the "sometimes" statement also.

22. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Yes, we shall Ms. Indigo! We will fly over many bookstores and libraries, and splatter our distaste upon the ones that refuse to carry our writings, because you see our works will be marvelous banned ones, you see? And no one will understand they cultural impact we had making until the hybrid cyborg alien totalitarian politicians take over. They will be sorry then.... :) :pop:

Indigo Sugar likes this.
  23. Morgan Stelbas

Morgan Stelbas Active Member

I have to say, being a newer newbie than you, I've been impressed by your comments on other people's intros. Wait... that sounds like I'm stalking you or something, but I'm not... I'm going through all the newbies and then I found yours... honest!

Anyway, you come across to me as a really interesting personality with an awesome sense of humour. Did you mention Myers-Briggs personalities? I guess I always answer those questions wrong, because it keeps saying I'm an INTJ or INFP but I guess I can't decide what type of person I am yet... even though I should be old enough to know better.

Sorry, I'm rambling. I just think that using that personality test is an interesting way to make up characters.

I'm really curious to see what you write and look forward to reading it whenever you post something! (I promise I won't laugh... ok maybe a little bit more than I laugh at myself).

24. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

Lol, it's okay I don't think you're stalking me in any way. I have probably came off that way myself a few times here. Thank you for finding my posts interesting. I have not read a lot of yours, but there is an energy behind your words and content that is most entertaining. It helps that I can tell you have a good sense of humor. I am very interested in MBTI. It probably is not perfect science, however if is as c!ose as we got right now. I test consistly as INTP. The three I get along with from personal experience is, INTJ,INFJ, and INFP. They usually get my humor and that my intentions are harmless. I also !took forward to seeing your work too.