Tags:
  1. W.D.Wallace

W.D.Wallace Member

genre smash

Discussion in 'Word games' started by W.D.Wallace, Apr 23, 2017.

My daughter and i love to play this game where we pick 2 or more genres and build from there. We like to just make a 4 to 5 sentence scene based on what we come up with. To give an example

Romantic Horror.

Amy stared into the eyes of the man that had just brutally murdered her best friend and seen something, a twinkle in his eye. His mask was grotesque but his eyes told her he was alone and had been for a long time. Amy slowly reached forward not moving too fast keeping eye contact, his breathing was heavy his chest moving up and down. Her hand touched his and she felt his tension relax as her hand caressed his she hears the knife hit the floor.

Not the best but I think you get what I am going for here. What genres would be insane to see smashed together or would you like to see or write. This is one of my favorite writing exercises. I am not looking for a scene here just your thoughts on it but if something sparks in you it would be awesome if you share