1. ClusterChuck

ClusterChuck New Member

My epic saga along these unfamiliar lands.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ClusterChuck, Jan 13, 2012.

So 2012 was almost here and i wanted to start something new. So i looked at my stack of first drafts and first paragraphs scraps of half written poems and i go online. I find this really great site here and I join up. Then i find the true extent of this site and i am overwhelmed. Shorts to essays to screenplays to poems. This place is perfect right? And with really talented and helpful members to boot.

So i get this idea about how i can push myself as a hobbyist in the diverse artform of the written word. I am planning to post and critique in every forum and subforum in the workshop. (romance in short stories might only get a flashfiction piece out of me honestly)

I have never written a song or screenplay or plenty other things here, so this is me staring at the deepend.

I already participated in the poetry and novel sections so check those out if you want. I think i'll be posting up some nonfiction next.

Anyway just thought i'd christian this journey with an official post and the lounge seems the right place to do it.

Along those lines, anyone else try something like this? I'm always curious about other writer's habits and lifestyles. It's like peeking on the guy next to your's test.

2. Spiderfingers

Spiderfingers Member

That sounds really ambitious (in a positive way) 80 I hope you manage it! Personally I think I'll keep to what I've already tried for now and work on that, but this sounds like a really great idea for when I'm satisfied with what I've arrived at.

3. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

I plan on writing two novels this year, a couple of short stories (about 5 to 20 thousand words each, usually. I don't like writing stuff shorter than that), and a screenplay.
    As practice for the screenplay I want to write, I'm adapting Jurassic Park (and maybe The Lost World if I enjoy adapting the first one) since I genuinely believe I can write a better script than whoever adapted it for Spielberg. Of course, mine'll probably never hit the silver screen, but it's more for practicing screen writing than actually being serious about it.

I've never been big on poetry or songwriting, and I don't write much non-fiction. Really, writing the screenplay will be most out of my comfort zone, but I did a Film and Television class in high school and I've worked on short films with a friend, so it's not entirely new.

I wish you luck, though, Cluster.