1. Raust84

Raust84 New Member

Hello.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Raust84, Jan 7, 2008.

Hello, my name is Sam. I came from WritingForums.com, which is currently having some sort of database problem. Another member from WF.com recommended this site and told me that there are lots of WF.com refugees here.

I was QuothTheRaven on WF.com, but I doubt that many people will recognize me, since I only recently returned to WF.com after a lengthy absence.

I'm trying to write 478 things (scientifically calculated by the Comission for Bogus Calculations!) at the same time, while also looking for a new job and trying to learn to draw.

I have adblocker for Firefox, so I don't see any ads, but I do see quite a few empty boxes--am I correct in assuming that this site is full of ads?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welcome!... and don't be concerned about the ads... they make the site possible and are pretty unobtrusive even to those like myself who hate ads and don't have a blocker as you do...

love and hugs, maia

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Sam, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Good luck on the resume, and knocking down the big 478.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hey there and welcome to the forum Sam from a fellow WF.com member :)

5. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

This is a really nice forum and a great way to get involved in reviewing and writing. Welcome!

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello Sam and welcome to the forum. I do hope that your time here is enjoyable and your stay permanent as well :D

Either way it is wonderful to have you here with us