1. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

I'm Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Show, Jul 25, 2008.

Well here I am, an aspring writer. I'm very amateur and am only interested in writing for television shows. But, writing is writing I guess. Maybe you can all help me grow as a writer. I look forward to posting with you. :)

2. Risen Glory

Risen Glory New Member

Hi, Show!

Hope you enjoy your stay here. And I can't wait to read your scripts and hopefully other genres of writing.

3. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Welcome :)

4. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

[​IMG]

5. Show

Where exactly would I post a script-ish story? It's not exactly a script, but it's not exactly novel form either. It's written as a television show but isn't written like a script.(Hard to explain, pretty random writing style) Where exactly would I post it?

I'd go into other genres but where novels are concerned, the passion just isn't there now and without that, all the skill in the world is meaningless.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Show, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

There really isn't a crossover between novel format and script. If it's for television, it would need to be formatted as a script, and in that case you would know which forum to put it under.

However, osting your own work should not be the very first thing you do here. It is really worthwhile to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Welcome, Show. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and learn a lot. Hope to see you around.:)

8. Show

Not confident enough about my work to post it here yet. But I'll look around and see if I can get some good writing discussions. It's definitly one of the reasons I came here.

9. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site:)

10. Pix

Pix New Member

Within the unlimited potential of my own mind
    Welcome Show :)

11. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Hello Show, and welcome to wf.org. I am Heather and can usually be found around here daily. If you would ever like a review, need any help or just want to chat then send a PM my way and I'll see what I can do.

And don't worry about confidence in posting your own work, everyone here is in the same boat, and all critism is constructive. I am sure you'll learn a lot about your writing and how to improve if you spend a bit of time here, I know I certainly have.

I hope to see you around here from now on.
    Heather

12. Show

Well I'll try. Maybe I'll run my work by you before posting it here. My style is very well, different, kind of random, so it might count against me, IDK. I'm hard on myself as a writer, lol. Im not into writing novels or anything like that. I can only write what I'm passionate about, and that's television. Working on a series and have been for almost a year.(I think it was last August.)

13. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

One piece of advice from the start - don't lead off by apologizing for your work, or disparaging it. People might believe you, and that's not the mindset you want in someone who's about to pick apart your writing.

14. Show

ok (message too short)

15. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

Welcome, Show. If you're looking to learn, you've come to the right place, irrispective of your experience. Enjoy your journey.:)

16. Show

I'll try, lol.

17. Raven

Raven Banned

Greetings.:)
    We've certainly got plenty to offer as a forum goes with competitions and various other aspects.

Also feel free to offer a short story for the forum anthology The Captains Table

On that note Welcome to the forums.

~Raven.
    Senior Super Moderator.

18. DontThinkJustWRITE

DontThinkJustWRITE New Member

Welcome Show! That's cool that you want to write for TV shows. Hope you enjoy your time here and learn a lot as well!

19. ParanormalWriter

ParanormalWriter New Member

Welcome, Show.

20. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums :)