1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

When You're Older[Younger Members Only]

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Leaka, Jun 5, 2009.

I think I'm kidding about the younger members only.
    But I think this is a question derived to all the teenagers out there rather then the adults on WF.
    Cause they are already older.
    The chatbox inspired me to make this one.
    What are your visions of you when you're older?
    Like I vision myself being alone.
    I vision myself being this short adult male who still looks like a kid...[even now I am asked on a daily basis if I am in elementary]
    What goals and dreams do you think you'll complete when you're older?
    Like I think that I will become a published author.
    And I think I can complete the dream of living alone close to a meadow, near some hills, somewhere away from all the noise of life.
    I also think I can complete becoming a good cook, taking a culinary school[which I am planning to do after I graduate], open a small resterant and hope it lives on.
    How do you vision your end?
    Meaning how do you vision yourself dying.
    I suppose my end would be me either chocking on something or over dosing on some drugs.
    Do you think you'll have a family of your own when you're older?
    Like I don't want one.
    No wife.
    No kids.
    Just me.
    And maybe a cat.

2. garmar69

garmar69 Contributor Contributor

Do you need someone to arrange a safe environment for you tonight?

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

lol!
    No.
    I'm good. :)

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Another one? Are you stuck in morbid fascinations this week?

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

No.
    Some people's answers can be opposite to mine and be unmorbid.
    People just need to look outside the box is all.

6. KP Williams

KP Williams Active Member

My answers are in bold. ;)

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

They are lovely answers.
    *stares at Cogito and Grammar*
    See my answers may be morbid, but someone else's isn't.

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

And if your question was "Puppies or Kittens?" and your answer was "Puppies drowned in a lake", I shouldn't still think you were on a morbid track?

9. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I have to admit, Cogito has a point... :p

10. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

No kitties.
    And I could smuggle them with love. :)

11. garmar69

garmar69 Contributor Contributor

ROTFL. You is a killin' me today, Leaka! :D

12. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ok, Leaka, I was kinda pulling your chain in the Deather or Coma thread, but seriously. How EMO can a person get? All the woe is me action is understandable from "someone your age," but there comes a point where you grow out of it or you get a diagnosis from a mental health professional.

I was one of these kids in highschool: [​IMG]

But I grew out of it. You can only wrap yourself in a blanket of depression for so long before something has to give. You either get yourself out into the sun and decide that the only person who has control over your life is you, or... you don't. The second option is a waste of time.

13. Carbon

Carbon New Member

I picture myself going into some kind of position is law enforcement. Not really a cop, more a detective or something along those lines. I just want to get married in start a family in a quiet little town. Maybe, if the opportunity ever presents itself, I'd get into politics. Nothing big. I hope to live long enough to watch grandkids grow up if I'm healthy. That's my plan.

14. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Good to know.

I'm not an emo person.
    I'm just far off introverted rather then extroverted.
    I like nature rather then people.
    I like observation rather then interaction.
    That is why I want to live in that beautiful scenery of a lodge like home in a meadow by myself.
    Because I like nature and want to be close to it...I like all things not city and people.
    Not because I am emo, but because I know who I am.
    This is me.
    And I am proud of being me.
    Second off I'm not depressed.
    I just have those moods that get me really thinking.
    This is my thinking mood not emo mood.
    This thread was caused by me thinking not wrapping myself in a blanket of depression.
    Rather I wonder how would other people like to see themselves.
    I wonder what people think of what they'll look like years from now.
    I wonder what people see in their life.
    I am a very happy person.
    I do like happy things.
    But happy things that are internally me.
    I hope that clears some stuff up.
    I understand your point.
    And I'm glad you said you.
    But I feel I being misunderstood.

15. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Oh christ, Wrey used the 'E' word....

now you've gone and done it :p

16. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

LOL.
    I can haz pikchurs? Plz?
    I was one of those kids in middle school, but only on the inside. :p My parents said it would ruin our familial image and showered me in pink, which to this day is a colour I still cant totally embrace. ;)

As for the OP...
    I'd like to graduate. To go on to college and finally make some friends who are worth my time. Generally be successful, but I have yet to determine what my vision of successful is at this point... I suppose that's idealistic though.
    I see me as I am right now. A few more wrinkles and a little smarter, but still trying desperately to find friends who are worth my time and trying to be successful but never quite getting there...

Careerwise, I'd love to be an editor, but I think psychology might fit my lifestyle better. I'm a materialistic b!tch, and an editor's salary cant quite cover that... Maybe I'll publish a book after all, stemming from that career, although the genre would differ.

Um. I used to, but fantasizing about my own demise, I've come to realize, is rather unhealthy.
    So I dont have any idea about my end. Ideally, I'd just never die.

Uh, well, I hope so. Lately I wonder if I'm the type to be alone for life, but I also recognize I'm not a completely disgusting slob who no one likes. I'd like to get married, so long as I care for that person. Doesnt even have to be love, in my opinion... Just a really good friend.
    As for kids: Absolutely everyone seems to think that I'd make a really fantastic mom, including my best friend, and she should know better. :p My own mother has even given me some of my old baby clothes 'for when I have a child of my own.' ...Sorry to let everyone down, but I get too easily frustrated with children and am a very selfish person. I dont dislike them, but that's because they dont live with me.

17. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Going to college, graduating, living in a situation similar to the one im in now; comfortable, I nice sized house, in a city though theoretically not one of the "big cities". Pretty much a simple, but happy lifestyle.

Well hopefully a published author, bestselling or not doesn't matter. Also possibly a career to do with advertising possibly, not sure about that yet; but I like creating adds (I've had to do a couple for some things) and I like creating stuff graphically, so maybe something along those lines.

Well I don't really vision it....more as when I'm old and have lived my life happily. Just something natural and peaceful.

Do you think you'll have a family of your own when you're older
    For sure, family is huge to me. I definately see being married and totally in lvoe with a couple kids. Thats actually really the main thing i want in life.
    So yeah a family of my own, close relationship with my brother and his future family, again though, something similar to my family now.

honestly I'm a really simple person and my situation right now with my amazing family and friends and everything is pretty much what I want. So yeah, I'm kind of boring, but it's what I see for myself :)

18. rory

rory Active Member

Do I count as young? Not that it matters, I gave up on goal setting when mine all fell through. So I'm gonna try flying by the seat of my pants for awhile and see if that gets me anywhere :p

19. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

I vision myself with a bandana around my head and a backpack on my back, walking through some city or town, hand in hand with my girlfriend.
    To where?
    who knows.

My life is always moving and incredibly fun. I love traveling and walking everywhere.

20. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Living in a highly populated city in some part of the world, having my own company, and bald.

I don't really have a concrete set of those besides living a comfortable life and having fun.

I hope it's not something violent or a disease... I'd much rather dieof old age or by overdose, if I manage to become a talented musician.

I'm sure that my future self would like to start a family at some point. I don't, at the moment. Just, a girlfriend or/and a couple of good friends.

21. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

That sounds incredibly cool.

22. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Hidden is right this does sound cool.

23. Arthur_Rimbaud

Arthur_Rimbaud New Member

Well. I'm basically almost there, but I suppose this applies to me. Only a few more months until I'm legally an adult. :p

Let's see. I had this dream when I was four, and I was, and still am to this day convinced it was/is a premonition. In the dream, it's my 27th birthday, I hop into my car, a brand new red convertible I bought for myself. I turn around and wave to seemingly nobody. Then I speed off. As I'm speeding on down some desert highway, a white car pulls out of nowhere and broadsides me. And the car's white seats are suddenly red. Everything starts to fade to black, and I hear myself whispering something. Still not sure what it was. Eyes close, curtain call. And that's how I die.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up living alone most of my life. I'd rather not marry. Kids definitely not. Animals... nah. I'll probably end up going out one day and just not come back for a very long time. I wouldn't want to put an animal through a lonely existence of being trapped in a house like that.

But I don't know, the future is wide open, I suppose.

24. M9A8E6S4TO

M9A8E6S4TO New Member

What do you mean by vision? How it will be, or how I want it to be? How old do you mean? I really don't know. I might be a lot like I am now. A musician, a writer, and an artist. There isn't anything else I want to do. Maybe I'll develop an interest for something new one day.

I have no idea. I have a lot, and I'm working on them. That's all that matters.

I don't think about that much. Not because it scares me or nauseates me, just because there isn't really much point. I've always thought that when I get to my deathbed, I will do loads of LSD, peyote, and salvia divinorum. I doubt I will, though.

Like I don't want one.

I have no idea. Every guy my age says they don't want to get married, and at this point I am no different. If I find a girl I love, though, then I'm sure I will. It seems to me like marriage is slowly phasing out of our society, though.. It has been such a pivotal part, but with the definition of marriage broadening, less people getting married, and over half of those who do take the plunge getting a divorce, it seems to me like marriage is losing its value.

25. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

The infinite possibilities prevents me from seeing far ahead, sorry.