1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Tales of the Twin Tails Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Keitsumah, Dec 27, 2013.

Hey guys! All discussion out of game goes here, and I hope you enjoy your stay in the land of the Twin Tails!

2. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Name: Leal
    Species: Angont
    Class: light
    Stats:
    Health: 10
    Speed: 20
    Strength: 10
    Defense: 10
    Attribute: 15
    Appearance: Small, green serpent with brown scales, red eyes, and long fangs. It's skin can change color depending on where it's located.
    Attribute:
    -Ability 1: Camouflage-easily blends in in any forests, caves, and aquatic environments
    -Ability 2: Poisonous fangs-Poison can kill if it comes into contact with blood in a span of 20 minutes. This poison can also cause a very spreadable disease.
    -Ability 3: Skin glands-The skin secretes a light liquid solution that allows it to glide on various surfaces, and also is poisonous if digested.

3. BrandonrockstheAM

One question about your first post. The characters' dialogue mentions a "law" that prohibits them from killing other creatures. To who does this extend? For example, I'm sure there will be lots of meat-eaters in this game, so are only mythical creatures defended from the law? For example, the Griffon did say he had eaten, although exactly what was not clear. I'm just confused on that one point.

4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Name: Yavii
    Species: Kiryot (A new species of Wood Nymph)
    Class: Medium

Stats:
    Health: 15
    Speed: 15
    Strength: 15
    Defense: 15
    Side Skills: 10

Appearance: http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/053/8/f/forest_creature_by_chiryojt-d4qkro9.jpg

History: Yavii is a creature of magic. Though technically neither male nor female, Yavii is often referred to in the feminine pronoun due to her plantlike nature.
    She was born when a young tree nymph sacrificed herself to save a nest of baby pheonix from a predator. Due to this sacrifice the nymph was reincarnated as a new form of wood nymph, though she has no memory of what she once was.

Yavii's heart is similar to Pheonix's heart. Always burning, though never consuming, the fire sustains her life. As long as it burns she will never die. The fire is sustained by the minerals she absorbs through her feet/roots or through her mouth. Coal is longest lasting out of most minerals.

Skill One:Though Yavii's fire does not and cannot burn as normal fire does, it has great healing properties.
    Skill Two: Though Yavii prefers to stay on the sidelines and heal if fighting occurs, she can extend her roots and wrap them around offending creatures.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  5. Keitsumah

ah yes- that Law just applies to the one night of every new year when the Twin Tails appears, and means that creatures cannot fight one another. The griffon had eaten earlier in the day, when the Law had not yet come into effect -the Law comes into effect on the night of the Twin Tail's appearance.

6. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

@Keitsumah can I join?

7. Keitsumah

sure

8. Love to Write

@Keitsumah anybody else expressed interest in joining yet?

9. Keitsumah

quite a few did -we may just have to wait a bit.

10. Love to Write

I'm so excited to play Yavii! :D

11. BrandonrockstheAM

Yeah, quite a few on the kickstarter mentioned they'd join. lixAxel, Exzalia, and Cynglen to name a few who mentioned wanting to join.

On a secondary, unrelated note, I have no idea how to tag people in a post. How do I do that?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  12. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Great! I'll start writing my CS then!

13. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Name: Arven
    Age: 15 (Arven, though he is not human, ages like one, not slower or faster)
    Species: Ice wolf
    Stats:

Appearance:
    http://www.coolchaser.com/graphics/620778

History: Though he was once part of a pack, Arven is now a lone wolf. He is a vicious killer, though if you befriend him he will defend you with his life. He is thought cruel and heartless by many creatures, due to the fact that he will never help anyone unless they can repay him in some way, and he thinks nothing of taking life if it can help him. He grudgingly respects the Law, but apart from on that night he will kill anything that irritates him, unless they kill him first.

His mother and father abandoned him as a cub, because he was the runt of the litter. He survived on his own, and though he is still small and doesn't have much in the way of brute strength, but he is cunning and fast, with the ability to kill swiftly and silently.
    Attribute:
    -Ability one: Snow storm. Arven has the power to create a small blizzard wherever he chooses. The blizzard is colder than a normal snowstorm, and while the ice wolves have no problem surviving it, many creatures can freeze to death.
    -Ability two: Freeze. When Arven uses this power, one or a few creatures are instantly frozen. He can partially freeze them, making them slow down, but he doesn't have very good control over this power, so he chooses not to use it too much for fear of it getting out of control.
    -Ability three: Shapeshift. Arven can change from being an ice wolf to being a regular grey wolf. The only things he keeps when he changes is his powers and his cold blue eyes.

14. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Name: Zahar
    Species: Phoenix
    Stats:
    • Health: 15
    • Speed: 15
    • Strength: 15
    • Defense: 15
    • Attribute: 10
    Appearance: The phoenix is a flaming bird (or golden bird if you want). It's feathers is pure flame.
    Attribute:
    -Ability 1:
    Fire: The phoenix is immune to any kind of fire. It's fire can be regulated to harm others.
    -Ability 2: Healing tears: The tears of a phoenix can heal wounds.
    -Ability 3: Rebirth: When a phoenix dies, it is burned to ash and a is reborn from those ashes.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  15. BrandonrockstheAM

Wait a second, I thought medium creatures only got 2 abilities, large got 1, and small got 3? I'm just confused...

16. Keitsumah

Ah yes, @Razzles, you didn't send your CS to me via PM. Medium type creatures only get two moves other than the usual bite/claw/slash. Please remove one move.

Pepper's third move, rebirth, is true regardless as it is an attribute pheonixes have. However, she will have to create a new pheonix if her first one dies.

17. Love to Write

@Keitsumah I made a slight change to my profile under the skills section. I only gave her one skill. :p

18. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Ok I'll take off one of my abilities

19. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Name: Arven
    Age: 15 (Arven, though he is not human, ages like one, not slower or faster)
    Species: Ice wolf
    Stats:

Appearance:
    http://www.coolchaser.com/graphics/620778

History: Though he was once part of a pack, Arven is now a lone wolf. He is a vicious killer, though if you befriend him he will defend you with his life. He is thought cruel and heartless by many creatures, due to the fact that he will never help anyone unless they can repay him in some way, and he thinks nothing of taking life if it can help him. He grudgingly respects the Law, but apart from on that night he will kill anything that irritates him, unless they kill him first.

His mother and father abandoned him as a cub, because he was the runt of the litter. He survived on his own, and though he is still small and doesn't have much in the way of brute strength, but he is cunning and fast, with the ability to kill swiftly and silently.
    Attribute:
    -Ability one: Freeze. When Arven uses this power, one or a few creatures are instantly frozen. He can partially freeze them, making them slow down, but he doesn't have very good control over this power, so he chooses not to use it too much for fear of it getting out of control.
    -Ability two: Shapeshift. Arven can change from being an ice wolf to being a regular grey wolf. The only things he keeps when he changes is his powers and his cold blue eyes.

20. Keitsumah

@Razzles thanks

also to everyone thus far: AMAZING writing! I don't want to brag but i think that if this keeps up our quality of writing may even compete with Scrolls of Iria! :D

21. BrandonrockstheAM

I agree, the writing is good so far, and the creatures are nice and diverse. Next is the gathering, right? What is going to happen? I'm really excited.

22. Keitsumah

oooohhhh we will find out soon! :D

23. BrandonrockstheAM

Hmmm... So, the twin tails dies. All chaos breaks loose, I imagine? I wonder if he is actually dead, or if this is something else. Hm... I think I know what Leal's reaction will be. Time for a post!

24. Keitsumah

Actually he's not quite dead yet... you still have time to figure out just what happened. XD

25. BrandonrockstheAM

Given that Leal doesn't care at all what exactly happened, he'll probably focus on killing the Griffon, as he thinks it's an opportunity. I've posted a post about him realizing his opportunity and springing out of a bush at the Griffon... What will happen after that, is the question.