1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Mirroring iPhone to TV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by OurJud, May 14, 2021.

Does anyone know how to do this? I have an iPhone SE (2016) and a LG smart TV. My phone and TV are connected to the same WiFi signal, but when I swipe up on my phone and hit Screen Mirroring it searches indefinitely for devices without ever finding anything? Do I need an app or something? What little I’ve managed to find keeps mentioning Apple TV’s, which mine isn’t.

2. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

not sure about the proprietary screen mirroring, but you can download all sorts of apps to mirror your screen to the TV.

OurJud likes this.
  3. OurJud

From what I can gather when I posted the question to Reddit, your TV must support AirPlay. I’m guessing mine doesn’t. I’ll try the app route. Cheers.

4. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

I believe that's correct. As long as you have a smart TV you should be able to get an app to work pretty easily though.

OurJud likes this.
  5. OurJud

No joy. As you said there’s no shortage of apps but after installing at least five different ones I gave up trying to find one that doesn’t ask you to ‘sign up’ to actually unlock the features. Most were of the “Free for 3 days then £3.99 per month”, but what good is 3 days?