1. Kratos

Kratos New Member

A Song of Ice and Fire

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Kratos, May 3, 2008.

Anybody read ASoIaF?

The first three books are amazing; some of the best books I've ever read! But A Feast for Crows isn't as good. None of my favorite characters (except Jaime and Arya) are even in it.

But, other than that, it's a really good series. My favorite character is Jon Snow.

2. AWR

AWR New Member

I've read it ... long time ago ... might drag it out of the bookcase (if I can find it amongst the layers of novels) and reread after I finish my current book.

I do remember liking Jon Snow and feeling for Ayra.

3. Smithy

Smithy New Member

I don't like Arya so much, I never did. Jon Snow is a good character however, though I couldn't stand Ygritte and I'm glad that she got shot (though the fact that he has now started bringing people back from the dead does not fill me with hope that she'll stay that way) nor could I see the important that she had to play in the story.

I don't see the problem with a Feast for Crows, I liked it. Especially Cersei Lannister being hoist by her own petard. Unfortunately, my pet theory is that she and Quinnel whatshisname have got the reanimated body of Ser Gregor Clegane in the basement, and that is the unstoppable champion they keep talking about.

4. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I also like Jaime, in ASOS and AFFC. I hated him in the first two.

5. Vertz

Vertz New Member

I read the first book a little while ago... It's in a box in North Carolina right now >_> I definitely liked it, though. The rest of the series is on my list of things to read.

6. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

I have books 1-4 in my shelf and haven't read them, because I bought many books and haven't finished reading them xD. Right now I'm reading J.R.R. Tolkien's The Two Towers.

7. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

I keep hearing AsoIaF series but have never read it myself. What's it about, sounds pretty interesting.. :confused:

8. The-Joker

The-Joker Contributor Contributor

A feast of crows took me a long time to read. I kept on asking myself why did the author need to include that scene in the book. And that happened for about half the scenes in the novel. Martin seems to be a study in needless details.

But he is a master in characterization. Jaime is a brilliantly crafted character. In fact, I'd say the three Lannister siblings are Martin's best creations.

Can't wait for the TV series.

9. Sabreur

Sabreur Contributor Contributor

At the combination pizza hut and taco bell
    Amazing books, best fantasy ones I've ever read. Far better than Tolkien's boring stuff at least.

Martin is an amazing author, adept at holding my interest at least. Now if only he would hurry up on that fifth installment in the series!