1. KuroKitsune

KuroKitsune New Member

Hello :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KuroKitsune, Jan 7, 2016.

Hi everyone! I'm Kuro! Well, not really but you don't need to know my real name :p
    I am fifteen years old and I am by no means a writer... Honestly everything i have ever written has been god awful.. But I'd love to learn to be better! I love to create, from drawing (I drew my avatar owo), to sculpting, to costume making, I just love it.. The way authors can build such vivid worlds and life-like characters from just words has always fascinated me and I'd love to learn to write myself.
    My head is always full of ideas for possible stories but I have found that ideas are the easy part of writing. Putting all the madness that goes on inside my head into words is much harder than I ever thought, which is why I'm here :)

I look forward to learning rom this forum and improving my writing skills!
    -KuroKitsune

2. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hi Kuro, well met :)

Writing skills are exactly that, skills. They do not evolve out of thin air and don't appear in your head magically, and are not confined to putting words together. A story needs more than just words in the right sequence to describe a battle :D
    If you are serious about writing than you probably have already have put plenty of words to paper. If not, just start. :D Give the voices a voice and follow along.

This forum is great as a resource and to make friends, you can ask questions (most of them I suspect already having been asked a thousand times) and critique later on. Don't be shy, and enjoy!

btw your avatar is great! :)

3. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

^^^ Ditto!

I think you're in the right place, Kuro! You seem to have the desire, and it's also quite evident that you are filled with artistic ability. I'm sure that after some practice, channeling that ability onto paper will be a pretty rewarding experience.

Best of luck and success to you!

4. Bandag

Bandag Member

Welcome to the forums!

I've only been here a couple of weeks myself, but it seems to be a good place full of interesting people. I'm sure you will write many great things.