1. triagain22

triagain22 New Member

"Hello me, it's me again"

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by triagain22, Mar 5, 2018.

I'm TriAgain.
    There's multiple reasons for that, but explaining them ruins the mystery.
    I've been writing since I was in grade school - which is just over the hill of 10 years ago - so it would be safe to say that it's pretty well ingrained into my personality. That said though, I'm not an English Major, and I still often don't know an adverb when I see one.
    I write to the best of my abilities about the things that inspire, scare, drive, and destroy me. Mostly I am working on mass intertwining works of what I refer to as "non-fictional fiction". I do not write biographies, I simply take the people and events from my life and from this crazy world and spin them into a thread of fiction to sew a new world.
    I have 3 books roughed out - only one of which is near complete - and dozens of short stories and scenes. Some people will read that and think "Dear Lord, get me out of here," but I'm not here for them.
    I also write poetry, but after reading the rules, I likely won't be posting it. Don't misconstrue that as me disliking the rules though. The case is in fact quite the opposite, as I'm on a few other writing sites where mass hard drive dumping occurs and no one really gets anywhere.

I am brand new, so I don't know exactly how this site works yet.
    I'm always glad to make a new friend, whether it be to critique or just talk. Here to help.
    However, there will be periods that I vacate the site without warning or a trace. Between my job, and personal life, and progressing my own writing I just simply don't have the stamina or hours in a day to 100% maintain everything 100% of the time.
    All I can do is try - and when I fail - again.

Be safe, take care, and don't be shy to say Hi.

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  2. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

I'm not sure what part of the rules is daunting for you, unless it's a matter of length. Nobody can be expected to give a critique on a three-thousand-word poem, but if you have shorter works that you want to post, feel free. You'll find that people may or may not like your approach or your metric style (or lack there0f) or you choice of words, but feedback can be useful.

It's the old conundrum that editors face all the time, where the writer says "But I know what I meant to say, even if I didn't exactly say it that way!" That may be especially true for poetry, because we are all in love to some degree with what we've written, and can be blind to defects that are glaringly obvious to others. That's where honest feedback comes in handy.

3. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Hey, nice to meet you.

I share many of the points you expressed on your introduction. Specially about stamina. I like to think that belonging to a forum it's a long run, that you can enjoy for a long while, rather than burst of energy to "fire and forget". Personal taste, I suppose. There's a lot of energetic people around, and I enjoy to meet them too.

In any case, your introduction made a lot of sense to me, and I am glad to say hi to you. Be well.

4. triagain22

triagain22 New Member

It's not really that. Just the way this site is set up to post, I only have so much time - I spent two hours yesterday reviewing one piece on here. My priority in posting is to get my short stories and novels out. My poetry is more for me than for anyone else; whereas I'm looking to eventually publish my fiction works.
    I do agree with you, JLT, 100% about the value of feedback. I may post poetry down the line... when I've been here a few years and get my books figured out :p

And to Andrew Alvarez, I'm glad to have made an impression. I often find that my personality is simply a repeating cycle of "fire and forget". How anyone maintains calling me friend is beyond my comprehension at times. But, in any case, glad to have made your acquaintance.

Andrew Alvarez likes this.