1. MacEviL

MacEviL New Member

There once was a noob named MacEviL

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MacEviL, Mar 14, 2008.

Whose oats were filled with bollweevil
    And she said with a snub as she pulled out the grub
    My grocer is wicked and evil.

Cheesy I know, but hey I wanted to stand out.

A little about me as a writer - I have written for school publishings, a fan e-zine for the Sims that was published on the internet for a little while, and lots and lots of bad poetry that was never published. I am currently working on a fantasy fiction novel which is what brought me here. I also enjoy writing short stories. I wouldn't call myself a good writer, but I hope to become one someday. Thanks for your time and I hope to read your works and I'll be happy to review where I feel my comments could be of help.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello MacEvil, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Coincidentally, this weeks Poetry Contest is on the theme Cereal - give it a go (although there is a 7 line minimum).

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

hahaha I saw your name appear below and then I opened this and definately had a good ole giggle :) Been a hard week and needed that so thanks :)

Anyways.....welcome to the funny farm....erm...I mean the loony bin.....I mean the place where they lock the crazies up.......I mean welcome to wf.org, the place where you WILL come across some rather unusual writers who WILL make you wonder why you are here, because....<they are just a little on the insane side>

I hope that you have a most wonderful time here among us and I look forward to seeing you around the board in the very near future. Any questions, leave a message at the end of the tone and I shall get back to you after I find my way out of this damned straight jacket...they aren't easy to get out of you know! ><

:D Have fun
    Torana

4. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

welcome to the site MacEviL, hope you have fun, even though it's unavoidable:D

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

hehehe fun is always found when you log into WF.org...hehehehehe cause of the crazies! lol ummm....:p

6. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Ah, nice to see you made it to the site. ;)

7. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hi there MacEviL and welcome to WF :)

8. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Heya, welcome to the site :D