Tags:
  1. DW12290

DW12290 New Member

Hi from Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DW12290, Jun 20, 2018.

My name is David and I'm 55 years old. I am looking for experienced song lyric writers to help me improve my writing. I use to write lyrics years ago when I was in a band and recently started writing again. I have been through so much the past 4 years mentally that I completely shut down and didn't want to listen to music, write lyrics or work on the books I've been writing. My father was diagnosed with cancer and my mother with dementia, I had 2 failed shoulder surgeries, my brother passed away, I got divorced and then broke my wrist. Then I fell in love again only to let this person destroy me mentally and emotionally. I started seeing a psychologist and after 10 months of stress, weight loss and starting to smoke again I suddenly woke up and stated writing lyrics.

But the lyrics were different this time though and I couldn't understand why they seemed so much better or where the words were coming from. My psychologist told me that some of the best lyrics come from those who are in pain and I've sure had my share of pain in the last 4-5 years. This time words were coming into my mind faster than I could write things down and I was texting myself lyrics, writing them down, emailing them to myself. I have been consumed with this for the past 5 weeks and I just finished my 24th song.

I don't have music to the songs but there is a melody that's in my mind. I would like to post one of them here to get some feed back of what others think so when I'm able to just let me know.

I know this is kind of long but it may help you to understand my situation and what got me to write again.

Glad to be here and thanks for any feedback when I can post a song or two.

Dave

Some Guy likes this.
  2. ThunderAngel

ThunderAngel Contributor Contributor

Hello, David; welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that you went through all that; you have such a brilliant smile, however, so I'm inclined to think that you are unconquerable. Feel free to post your lyrics; I'm sure you're doing a great job with your art. :)