Tags:
  1. Cyncade

Cyncade New Member

Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cyncade, Jan 8, 2017.

Hey everyone!

For a while now I've been looking for a place to hone my writing skills and possibly participate in some RP stories during my free time, and I just so happened to come across this site! I love all kinds of fictional writings, but my primary interests consist of anything along the lines of fantasy, mythology, and science fiction.

One of my passions throughout my life has been that of the fictional narrative-everything from books, to movies, to video games. Creating stories, whether written or acted out in the backyard as a kid, has always been a part of my life, and it always will.

My biggest struggle as a writer is staying on track. I have a very imaginative thought process, and can easily rabbit-trail from one story and setting to another, making it difficult to stay focused. Furthermore, I am a very detailed writer, and on one hand that's a great thing, but I tend to focus too much on a backstory that the reader never fully sees rather than the story itself.

Anyhow, I look forward to interacting with this creative community, and wish you all the best of luck!

2. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

Welcome @Cyncade

3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hey, as long as you always come back to them you'll do fine! Lots of writer out there who have more than one project at any one time and it doesn't deter from their dedication and from the quality of the finished product(s).

And the question of too many details can be settled in first revision. Just get the story out first in whatever shape, everything else can come later.

Welcome! :)