1. pet.

pet. New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pet., Dec 6, 2007.

Hi, I'm Pet. Having just finished college (which I refuse to call high school, even though it confuses some people.), and finding myself with a lot of spare time, I decided to allow myself to be referred by a friend. I'm looking forward to reading something new, though I should warn you that I'm a somewhat scathing reviewer. I like to think my opinions contain the occasional insight, however.

As far as my own writing, you probably shouldn't expect to see very much from me in the way of prose; I'm of the indecisive type, which means that I lose interest in pieces soon after the planning stage. I may post a little poetry at some stage, however.

Before you ask, my screen name is a derivation of my given name (Peter), though I like it for its ambiguity.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, am sure I am soon to be glad to meet you, and am looking forward to sticking around.

-pet.

2. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Heya! Welcome to the forums, I hope that you stick around and enjoy your time here. If you have any questions, just ask.

3. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums, pet, hope you enjoy it here :)

4. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Welcome, enjoy your stay!

I have a friend who comes from Wellington.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Pet, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Writing Workshops, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Writing Workshops, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Writing Workshops on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just bulletin boards for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. Gunslinger

Gunslinger New Member

Hello. This is a pretty cool site. The people are real nice here.

7. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Welcome. We have a special offer today where each new member recieves free gummi bears and a smashing hat. *Hands pet gummi bears and hat*

8. Gunslinger

Gunslinger New Member

*still waiting for my gummi bears*

9. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welcome, pet!

and yes, i am confused... why would you call high school 'college'?... is that what high school is called in nz?

love and hugs, maia

10. pet.

pet. New Member

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone :)

Maia: yes.

Lordofhats: Yay gummi bears!

Cogito: You just copied and pasted that from every other introduction, didn't you :p

11. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I do have a template that I start with. Sometimes I add to it, but admittedly, I don't always think of something to add.

Nonetheless, I do sincerely welcome you to the site, and I hope your reviews are as sharp as you say; not necessarily scathing, but not sugar coated either.

12. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

Yo Peter. Welcome to the forums. :)

13. pet.

pet. New Member

Oh, I never had any doubts you meant everything you said. I imagine you'd start running out of synonyms for 'hello' if you didn't have a template, so it's completely understandable. :)

Hi Jaclyn :) Pleased to be here.

14. Good_writer

Good_writer Banned

Well, its Cogito's job to do that and give all new members a through introduction as he is a Super Moderator.

15. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Hey Pet, welcome to the forum. I am Heather and can usually be found around here most of the time and if you would like a review, need any help or would just like to chat then send a PM my way and I'll be happy to help.

I hope you enjoy it here
    Heather

16. trailer trash

trailer trash New Member

Dear Writer,

Welcome to one of the fastest growing writers forums on the web. I’m sure if you hang around long enough you’ll begin to make new friends and enjoy becoming a participating member of the writersforum.org. I am sure each new member will bring something new and valuable to the forum as well as find it an interesting and wonderful place to explore and learn more about the wonderful world of writing.

I have been away for awhile myself, and unfortunately have not been able to keep up with greeting the large influx of new members personally. Please forgive, but except my sincerest and belated welcome to the forum.

Cordially yours,

Trailer Trash

17. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I would just like to welcome you to the insanities of WF.org. A place where you can unleash both the writer and the inner child inside that is waiting patiently to escape. lol

I do hope that you have a most wonderful time here with all of us. There are a lot of things for you to get involved in and a heck of a lot of wonderful and helpful information on all aspects of writing lurking around the different forums within this board.

So sit down and get comfy with a nice hot or cold drink and probably a few snacks as well and enjoy reading everything that we have all got to say and do feel free to join in wherever you feel that you can.

Ok so now that I have rambled away to you I will let you go and enjoy your time here with all of us.

See you around the boards.

Torana

(sorry this is not oersonal likemany others are but I am behind with my welcomes)

18. Anthony James Barnett

Anthony James Barnett New Member

Welcome aboard.
    Anthony