1. writemare

writemare Member

Welcome to my Writemare...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by writemare, Jan 1, 2017.

Hello,

My name, for this board at least, is Writemare. I have been writing off and on doing this and that for a few years now and have never really accomplished much more then a few *cough* short stories and poems. I am about ready to start writing a novel, I have notes and a characters and all that good stuff but am still lagging on the direction I want to take it. (which I think has more to do with the fear of failing then indecision) .

I want to connect with others

develop myself mind, body and soul

to not life just happen to me

and to stop living as the person I was and begin the life of who I am now:

A writer, a vegan, a father, a husband and a human

A man called Valance and OJB like this.
  2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Welcome - I hope we can help you find what you're looking for!

3. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Welcome aboard, you'll find lots of good help and resources here. There are quite a few people here, myself included, just starting out, as well as some well established writers, so you'll be among your peers pretty much no matter where you're at in your work.

A man called Valance likes this.
  4. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

I enjoyed reading your introduction. Writing does require dedication and committment to the craft. Fear of failure often lurks around every corner. Emerse yourself...and creativity will be your best friend. We are all on a journey here, and its nice to know none of us are alone on this journey...even though somedays it may feel that way. Welcome!

5. Mara Pearce

Mara Pearce New Member

I am also new. Have you told anyone you are thinking about writing a novel? I was going to keep mine secret until it was all done. I have since changed my mind. When I mention it to people or they ask me what I am working on I have received really positive feedback. People think it is cool. Then they ask more about it and I get to talk about it which also helps me flesh out ideas and get feedback in the process. I never had the fear of failure (I know I will finish my novel at some point) however I feared a negative reception to it. I am glad I have told people what I am up to now as they are interested and just as excited about it as I am.

A man called Valance likes this.
  6. writemare

writemare Member

My wife also writes so she know the ups and downs of the writing process so that helps, to have someone right here to talk to about it to. Good luck on your works

Mara Pearce likes this.