1. SuperRedPanda

SuperRedPanda New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SuperRedPanda, Jul 7, 2016.

Hello, everyone. My name is Ben *shakes hand*
    I've always been pretty terrible at introductions so I hope I come across well.

Writing is something of a hobby of mine. I've been writing on and off for about four years now. This year I've really got down to it, though. I try to write at least once a day. It is something I'd love to turn into a profession at some point but for now, I'm more than happy with how things are.

Friends of mine ask often if they can read the things I've written but I always brush them off with an excuse. I'm actually quite afraid of what they might think negatively about what I've worked hard on.

Anyway, that's a little about me.

I look forward to exploring this website even more.

:)

bonijean2 likes this.
  2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hello, I'm I.A. *tips hat*:supercool:
    Allowing people to read things is very hard, but in the end we all have to do it to understand our strengths and weaknesses.
    Writing once a day is just what I do, I just wish I would do more on WIP rather than other things.
    I hope to see you around!

3. Terrie000

Terrie000 Member

I don't have any friends that are really willing to spend time to read my story... so I think you have great friends, don't hesitate to share it with them. Just tell them it is your first draft and any constructive criticisms is welcomed and well received.

4. Zick

Zick New Member

I find that my friends never say much in the way of helpful criticism. I usually just get a few pats on the back, which feel nice, but don't exactly further me in any real way. I honestly wish they were meaner. I have one friend who will lay it all down for me and give me the truth, and she is very dear to me. So I would suggest you show one of your good friends. Since they seem to be interested already you will either get a pat on the back or, even better, solid criticism.

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Ben! Welcome to WF. :)

What are you currently writing? A novel, a short story, something else? :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started.

Have fun! :)
    -Kat

6. SuperRedPanda

SuperRedPanda New Member

Thank's to everyone that welcomed me here :)

I'm currently working on a series of five short stories that link together. It's set in a fantasy world with the main character being a vampire named Lauren who is a treasure/monster hunter. It's the start of a series of stories I'm gonna write about her and the world she calls home. Before that, I wrote some short stories set during a zombie apocalypse.

I.A. By the Barn likes this.