Tags:
  1. Le Panda Du Mal

Le Panda Du Mal Contributor Contributor

Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Le Panda Du Mal, Sep 15, 2020.

Hello everyone. Until recently I would have called myself a novelist, or an aspiring novelist- I have one solid YA horror book that I've written, and I've been working on another for a while. But I've come to realize I really, really hate writing novels right now, so I might have to set that down for a while. In the mean time, I do love writing poetry, prose-poems, and short stories.

Fantasy, horror, and surrealism are my mainstays though I try to keep variety in what I read and write.

Favorite writers include Leonora Carrington, Angela Carter, Clark Ashton Smith, Nikolai Gogol, HP Lovecraft, Lord Dunsany, Emily Dickinson, William Blake, MS Merwin, Mary Oliver, Li Bai, Su Dongpo, Baudelaire, Angelos Sikelianos. I also adore folk tales from around the world.

Steerpike, LostArtist and EFMingo like this.
  2. LostArtist

LostArtist Member

Hi Le Panda Du Mal
    Welcome to the forum, It's brilliant that you have finished a novel, by no means a small feat. big fan of horror myself, poetry too! working on smaller projects is a good way to refine your craft. At least that's what I am trying to do here, work small and get bigger. Seems like your worried about burning out under the pressure of doing something big like a novel.
    I am excited to see how you get on here and inevitably get your confidence back.
    Welcome and nice to meet you! :)
    LostArtist

Le Panda Du Mal likes this.
  3. Kyle Phoenix

Kyle Phoenix Active Member

Welcome to the forums Le Panda Du Mal. Glad to hear that you are now writing your second novel. As much as a slog as it is, I hope we can make the creative process easier and more enjoyable. Best wishes. :)

4. Samlet

Samlet Active Member

Welcome, Pandy my new friend. Are you really as bad as they say?:D

5. Le Panda Du Mal

Le Panda Du Mal Contributor Contributor

The base calumnies that pursue my name are completely unfounded.

Samlet likes this.
  6. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Welcome.

Nice to see Angela Carter, Clark Ashton Smith, Dunsany, Lovecraft, and Blake mentioned. I enjoy them and would throw Shirley Jackson in as well :D