1. Penned Down

Penned Down New Member

Yet another to add to the list

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Penned Down, Jun 18, 2007.

Hello all you creative minds. Glad to join yet another great community. My name is Troy and I'm from Columbus, OH. I work at a video production company by day and write by night. I've really shifted my focus to short story writing in the recent months and should have some posted on here soon.

I also write comic book scripts and I'm a moderator (aka - ZombieKilla) over at penciljack.com for their writing forum. Stop by and say hello sometime if comics are your thing.

I've yet to be published in either field, but I'm working towards that goal everyday and love getting involved more and more with supportive communities like this. I've met some great contacts and I hope to continue that on here. :D

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

hey Troy, nice to see a new face around here. i look forward to reading some of your work and if you ever need andything reviewing then just send me a PM and i'll be more than happy to look :)
    Heather

3. Penned Down

Penned Down New Member

Thanks Heather, I'll definitely keep you in mind when I start posting on here.

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    Welcome, may you have a wonderifific time.

5. Penned Down

Penned Down New Member

Thanks Ferret, I'm sure it will be fantastical.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Good afternoon, Troy,

Welcome to the Writing Forums. Make yourself at home, and get to know the folks here. Read some of the contributions and reviews to get a feel for how we tick, and play some word games. Post a couple reviews of your own, too - we encourage commenting on works before marching into the fire with your own product of sweat and blood.

Again, welcome. And have fun!

7. Penned Down

Penned Down New Member

I'll make sure to bounce around the site throughly before jumping in head first, thanks for the words of advice Cogito.

8. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Howdy! Love the screen name!

9. Penned Down

Penned Down New Member

Thanks, I was happy I got it. First try!

10. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome to WF.

If you have any questions or issues regarding the forum feel free to either Email me or PM (Post Message Me.) I will be happy to help.

11. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Hey there
    Welcome aboard and all that jazz. What type of comics do you write?
    Cheers

12. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to WF, I do hope your time here is pleasant. I look forward to seeing you around the boards and I will be sure to take a look at that site you mentioned as I am a fan of comics :D I write them from time to time and I am yet to ever let anyone view them.

Well have fun and see you around the board. :D

~Torana

13. Penned Down

Penned Down New Member

Thanks everyone for all of the warm welcomes.

Domoviye - I write an assorted genre of comics, I don't really like to lock myself in on one type. Although I don't really write too much spandex (super hero) stuff as it tends to get old fast.

Torana - Always glad to meet another fan of comics. I'd like to see some of the stuff you've written sometime if you wouldn't mind. Over at PJ we run a biweekly writing contest that is just for friendly competition b/t fellow writers over there on a given topic. I'm sure you'll see me quite a bit around here and I hope to catch you on PJ as well.

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I am a fan of comic books, although definitely of the Spandex variety. I've never given muct thought to writing for that medium. Still, one short story I've started here (and am reworking drastically) is loosely based on the Flash, and tries to take a different look at what it might feel like to suddenly find yourself with super speed.

Welcome again, and I'm truly looking forward to seeing you around here.

15. Wfire3

Wfire3 New Member

Welcome! I`m new here too! Hope we can all be good friends! Will check out your site in a few! If I like it, will post a link to you on my homepage (cuz I`m cool like that!! Hehehehe.) I look forward to reading some of your work. If you need anything let me know yeah? (^_~)

-WF

16. Penned Down

Penned Down New Member

Cogito - I'm a fan of spandex comics but over the years and with recent fantastic releases like DMZ and the Exterminators from Vertigo it makes it hard to go back to super heroes.

I'll have to check out that short that you're working on about super speed. It sounds like a writing assignment we had, where a person suddenly find themselves with super powers and what they would do with them. Walking the fine line b/t good and evil and what led them down the chosen path. Although we usually only do 5 pagers for practice we get some great results.

Wfire3 - Thanks, hope you dig the site although it isn't mine I'm just a mod over there because I am a forum junkie. I can't wait to see your work on here as well. Same to you about ever being in need.

Although I do have to ask b/c Tokyo has always fascinated me, how is it to live there?

17. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I've been away for a few days so missed you arrive, enjoy the site, sorry I missed you! I see you've been busy already!

18. Penned Down

Penned Down New Member

No problem on the delay in welcoming me, always appreciated no matter when received.

Haha yes, I've already been buzzing around the site. A lot of great people on here, looking forward to meeting more.

19. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Another late welcome... but glad to have you around :)

20. Penned Down

Penned Down New Member

Thanks Kit :)