1. Fan_Farming_Tastic

Fan_Farming_Tastic New Member

Business As Usual

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fan_Farming_Tastic, Dec 29, 2014.

I'm a writer. Hey! Never thought I would call myself that in public.

More to the point, I'm a writer who is trying to become an actual writer. If you can wrap your mind around that little bit of nonsense my hat goes off to you and we're off to a smashing start. I've been writing for most of my life. Bad poetry in Kindergarten. More bad poetry in grammar school. Sappy essays, yet more bad poetry, and short fiction in high school. These days I blog for a parenting website, continue with the bad poetry, and am trying to WD-40 the short fiction into something passing for presentable.

The blogging is cool. I do love knowing that several actual real human beings have read something that started out in my head and don't hate it. That part's swell. But I'd love to make a real go of writing and move into getting some of my work published. I'd love to meet other writers, swap horror stories and success stories (for some reason my husband found my "Go straight to Sylvia Plath, do not pass Go, do not collect $200" joke after my most recent rejection letter un-funny!), and move less blindly through the trenches.

So nice to meet you-- I usually go by "Jess."

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi Jess, welcome to the forum.

I can definitely relate to this:

3. Shamgar81

Shamgar81 Member

welcome to the forum Jess hope you find what your looking for :)

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Jess. :)

Good to hear you're serious about your craft. I can relate to the sentiment of trying to become an actual writer, as you so aptly put it. A long road, I guess, but damn is it also heaps of fun. :)

Anyway, here's our New Member Guide to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.