1. Ameshin

Ameshin Member

Wait... WHAT!? Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ameshin, Nov 3, 2016.

Greetings from Japan!

I'm Ameshin, a freelance...
    a
    rtist,
    designer,   ← graphic, logo, fashion, textile, game ・and so on..
    illustrator,
    photographer,
    3D modeller
    ...& soon to be writer!

Sound impressive?
    Sound odd?
    What do these things have in common?
    Creativity!
    I'm a naturally creative person with a passion for sci-fi, fantasy and abstract concepts. I'm in my own little world and I'm getting ready to let you in.

I've decided to take up writing inspired by a comment on my art:
    [​IMG]
    "that description is art"

Art comes in many forms. As with my illustrations, paintings and drawings my writing will reflect the timeless abstract concepts mixed with a little sci-fi.

--

Most of the above I just pasted from the profile I wrote. So~ that's a little impersonal isn't it?

I shall share a bit more with you, just because you read all the way to the end!

I'm an amateur writer (obviously!)
    Not sure how serious I'm going to take writing in general.
    For the time being it will likely be random snippets.

I'm an idea factory. My imagination doesn't run out! If you're stuck with something please feel free to get in touch! :D

Profession-wise, I've done illustrations for a lot of picture books / book covers.
    I don't think I'll be writing any novels myself, but I may self-publish my own children's books and short stories with some of my photos.

I've already written one picture book I hope to share here once I've checked the writing/spelling and illustrations for quality!

I have so many ideas and not enough time to do any of them!

As with most of what I do, I'll be writing in English, or maybe mixing a tiny bit of Japanese in. As there are more English speakers compared to Japanese speakers in the world I've always made English my main focus in my work.

Wish me luck~ feel free to introduce yourself here as well. It's a pleasure to meet all you fine writers!

Thanks for reading through!

bonijean2 likes this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to WF. :) Gorgeous art!

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. I had to remove your Deviantart link because there's a fine line between self-promotion and being friendly. :p

Hope to see you around!

-Kat

3. Lady Fickle

Lady Fickle Member

Hi, I delight in meeting creative people! I also paint and dance salsa apart from the writing. I would love to connect with you!

4. EnginEsq

EnginEsq Member

Yokoso, Ameshin. I hope you enjoy it here. And now you know a good fraction of my Japanese vocabulary.
    "Ameshin" - is that spelled out as "rain" and "new"?

5. Ameshin

Ameshin Member

Thank you! No problem. I read through but I wasn't sure.
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll make a general rule of not posting links from now on. :D

6. Ameshin

Ameshin Member

Nice to meet you! Wow salsa dancing! Is it difficult? I have terrible balance but I think I'd like to take up some form of dance at some point.

7. Ameshin

Ameshin Member

shin is the same as kokoro in this reading (the second kanji you can see on my signature)

Taken from the fact it always seems to rain whenever I go outside.
    :p I don't make a habit of checking the weather often so it's more bad timing opposed to some mystical happening.

Interesting in anyway. I like the rain in most cases :)

I actually ended up naming something Rainheart in English a while ago.

When I first made the handle Ameshin in the 90s I hadn't thought about an English translation of the made up word, but it translates directly really well.

8. Lady Fickle

Lady Fickle Member

Salsa dancing is pure delight!
    In my club we also dance another, easier and very sensual dance called bachata (it's like lovemaking in clothes)...

Then, there is also (check the link):
    Kizomba

Scot and Ameshin like this.
  9. Ameshin

Ameshin Member

Wow. That is really cool! I'd fall down........ :(

10. 20oz

20oz Active Member

You did that? Very nice.

Welcome, buddy.

11. Scot

Scot Senior Member

Jeez! (He says, wiping the sweat from his brow) Feature that on Strictly and they'll have to schedule it after the watershed. :eek:

12. Ameshin

Ameshin Member

Yep :D Thanks ~ I also made my avatar. I just hope I can be nearly as creative in my writing compared to my art. I just wrote a silly short story and trying to figure out where to post it (since I don't qualify for anything official yet :p)

20oz likes this.
  13. Ameshin

Ameshin Member

Thank you for the warm welcome Carly!

14. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Your avatar is the first thing that impressed me. It's kinda creepy. Don't know if you meant it to be, and it isn't an insult, it's a compliment.

15. Ameshin

Ameshin Member

Thanks! Yes, it's supposed to be!
    A damaged android with no hope for the future.

Actually a little more creepy than I'd originally planned due to lack of a few things I didn't end up drawing. I spent too much time on the drawing so I stopped here.
    (I left white space on the neck to draw in some wires, add broken glass to the background. If I'd continued I'd probably make it more clear they're in the snow: chemicals are leaking in to it, melting the hair and such.)

Speaking of art - I really like your Avatar.....avatar :p Did you draw that? I love pencil but I always manage to ruin it from smudging :/

I'm getting really excited about writing. I hope this 'creepy' or 'desperate' timeless essence of what I do naturally in the majority of my personal art will translate well to my personal writing as well.

I'm not sure if this is much of a problem for many other authors or artists, but I'm also concerned my obsession for detail will also translate over at some point in the future.
    For the moment I'm just writing carelessly for my own enjoyment so it's not as mentally taxing as drawing or painting....yet.

I can picture myself re-writing the same line 50 times because one tiny area no one would even notice about bothers me.
    Scary thought, but a part of me also thinks that perhaps all the time lost on meaningless areas might actually mean something in the end.

At the very least it comes closer to perfection in my own mind, and that alone is quite important to me.

16. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Senior Member

Whoa, that OP. You're Japanese, all right.