1. EdenRose

EdenRose New Member

Eden Rose is here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EdenRose, Mar 12, 2018.

I've never been good at self introductions, or introductions in general but

Hi, I'm Eden.

This is my first time on any kind of forum and I'm very excited about it.
    I am eighteen years old, fluent in 3(+1%) languages (English, Arabic, Sarcasm- the one percent is Korean), and finding it increasingly difficult to speak about myself.
    I love reading as well as writing but lack confidence and consistency when it comes to actually doing it- hopefully that will change here.
    I am hoping to learn many new things from more experienced writers and to improve my language and writing skills (and maybe finally make a start on all those story ideas in mind too).

Nice to meet you!
    -E

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Fernando.C likes this.
  2. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Hey, I hate fish too! I mean... welcome to the forum!

This is a great place to learn about writing and train your English while doing so! I'm struggling here with, since I speak Spanish, but there's always something to do around, be read, write, comment, or simply like a post. If you like writing, this is a good place to do so.

Be sure to read the forum rules, and the requirements for posting your work into the workshop, just in case you wish to publish. You can also help to the other writers by posting your critic... helps a lot in learning how to improve your own work. It would be neat to know about you, and what genres do you like to read or write, favorite authors, and the like. I post a link about the requirements for posting at the workshop:

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/why-write-reviews-before-posting-my-work.4705/

Be well, and hope to see your work around soon!

EdenRose likes this.
  3. EdenRose

EdenRose New Member

Thank you for your response, Andrew!
    :))I thought my intense dislike for fish was a bad way to start so I changed it up a little, but glad we have something in common.)

The best way to improve your language of course is by using it, and I definitely agree that this is a good place to do that.

Hope you have a great day/night, and see you around!

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  4. PennyDreadfully

PennyDreadfully Member

Hey Eden, welcome!

Another newbie here to welcome you. I'm, like, nine posts in, but those nine posts have been swell. This place seems like a great way to talk about writing when (if you're like me) you don't like talking about it or showing your work to your friends an family

See you around :)

EdenRose likes this.
  5. EdenRose

EdenRose New Member

Hi there fellow newbie,
    Thank you for your warm welcome.
    I definitely am like that haha I find it a little awkward to show friends and family some things and I also like that you are critiqued from a writer's point on the forum. Congratulations on the nine posts! Hopefully I'll catch up soon...

See you!

PennyDreadfully likes this.