1. John Bavol

John Bavol New Member

Blogging

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by John Bavol, Apr 7, 2017.

Hi all, new here and was wondering where I should post questions regarding my blog. I would like to get feedback on my writing for it. Also, the blog itself discusses tapping into one's creative abilities, so maybe also a forum where I can run my work by others to see their opinions on whether or not it resonates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

It occurs to me that I've occasionally wished for a subforum on blogging here, because every blog-related forum I've ever seem has been all about pagerank and clickthroughs and "conversion rate" and who to buy cut-rate content from and all sorts of things that translate to money and have nothing to do with the actual writing.

Of course, a blogging forum would require utterly ruthless moderation to cut out all those things, which is probably why I always think briefly about it and then shrug.

Here I am, shrugging.

After that pessimism, Hey, John! Welcome! Really, if you want opinions on your writing, there's no reason why prospective blog posts couldn't be in the nonfiction area of the review room--after you fulfill the various requirements for posting to the review room.

3. John Bavol

John Bavol New Member

Yeah I don't want to get into logistics, just wanted to focus on the actual writing. Whether it is captivating enough or just finding areas where I need to improve. Thank you very much for the quick response.

4. Tea@3

Tea@3 Senior Member

John if you do a search using the box at the top right (should be right below your username) toggle the button for 'subject only' and do one for blog, a second search for blogs, and especially do one for blogging. This will list threads that are already started for you to peruse. Some are older but many are fairly recent.

But if you are looking for reads and input/critique, you could post to the workshop section of this site. That may be very useful for your needs.

Best wishes,

:)

John Bavol likes this.