Tags:
  1. Asher_Elric

Asher_Elric New Member

Hello, again? lol

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Asher_Elric, Feb 25, 2018.

Hi. my name is Asher and I've actually been on this forum a time or two before. I guess I'm new to whomever is here now. and while I won't say anything about my other times. I will say what I'm currently doing now.

I'm mostly a fan fiction writer, but I'm trying to pop into mainstream publishing via self publishing. I've got two books up on Amazon. Both more of a Satire of society that's going on right now. written under pen names. which I love.

I prefer Classics to contemporary writing. I feel they are deeper; I like anime and manga compared to Western media because I feel those type of things do more character and story wise. and also, I can explain why. and I want to become a better writer in one way or another.

I'm 36 years old and in a long distance relationship.

2. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Hi there! Nice to meet you.

I have also be attracted more to the classics than the contemporary (like Lucius Seneca, by example), but mostly from philosophical inclined authors. Modern ones, from school curriculum, harmed greatly my interest on literature in great deal. And guess you have to be a real special disposition to write fan-fiction, so I respect it greatly: I tried once, but the sensation of having to "walk over eggs" caring to not disturb the reader's preconceptions about the main tale just ended breaking my heart. I love satire too, though never even attempted to do it specifically. Really hope to see some of your work. Be well.

A man called Valance likes this.