1. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

HI from 14 Ayohtollah Terrace, Brighton

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by matwoolf, Mar 23, 2012.

Another flipping website eh? Yip, yeah I'm sorry is my condition miserabalisia i tend to self medicate with fags, loads of them and coffee licked over my green teeth that's not a problem although banishing commas and full stops for lent might be

Me i'm just high on life and my positive mental attitude and i love a challenge.. OK <sit up> Get to 14 then post some of my old blags I suppose for fun, spot of fishin. I've written so much but is on the web so nobody will want to buy it so just feeling sui ok about it. Should have some fun here with the stories althou been grizzly so far may move up the food chain to notwriter.com soon.

Just a little concerned about how cansorvative it all is.

<Mat places fist to breast sorry chest and whistles lillie bolero english national themesong.>

Favourite americans-Bibi...she left me. Steve, Dave from Montreal, Chet Baker is god (atm). Yossarian.
    Least - guy called Park Foreman, although would be ok now, s'pose
    Anyway is world language you fool, hang on, where's my riddle, ah, here we are. Brea, bûter en griene tsiis is goed Ingelsk en goed Frysk

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to Writing Forums, matwoolf!

I hope you find what you're looking for here, whatever your interests in writing.

This forum aims to provide the best workshopping resources on the internet, and to that end we have a few rules which you should familiarise yourself with before you get stuck in. The main section of the site is the Writing Workshop, where members can post their writing in order to receive critique of their work.

However, before we allow members to post their work, they must have met some basic requirments. Firstly, you must have been a member for fourteen days, and have made twenty posts on the forum overall (please note, posts in Word Games do not count towards this). This is so that members, when they post their work, have familiarised themselves with the forums and contributed to them (as well as hopefully learned something for themselves). Secondly, members must provide two constructive reviews of other people's work for each piece of their own that they wish to post. This is because we believe that the focus of workshopping should be equally upon giving reviews as receiving them, as they allow a writer to practice and improve their editing skills, which they can then apply to their own writing.

Beyond the Writing Workshop, you will find that we have extensive forums for discussion of aspects of writing, as well as a community area for general discussion. We also run periodic short story and poetry contests, which are good for challenging yourself and expanding your skills.

If you have any questions or problems, then the moderators (myself and Cogito) should be your first port of call. Any technical problems with the site itself should be directed to Daniel, the site administrator and owner. I would recommend you have a look over the rules so that you know what to expect, and what is expected. But aside from that, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Banzai

3. matwoolf

Well Hi Banzai.

You've said rather a lot in your post. I'm not sure that I can answer all your questions. This is only my first day with writing forum just settling in really. You mentioned finding what I am looking for? That is a very difficult question. I trawled through a few threads, just the usual human condition reflected kind of stuff. Lots of alien chopping tales and life-writing about having a dump and inpenetrable poems. Oh I can do those. Weeping, 3am 'this is just beautiful, the awards, the speeches I will make,' oh I dunno. Struggling through the Edward Thomas biog at the moment and his poems about daisies, stiles and turnpikes seem pretty tame to me although his pal Frost a more feisty fellow. I reckon we'd have been good friends. Well, I'd have served his coffee or something. I spent a good month as the world's greatest undiscovered poet. I'm over that now, and the money's no good. Hard lines that one, write the poems, stick 'em in a drawer and then wait for death, should pay for the wife's nailbar appointments, eh fellas?

So many writers out there, just have to take 'em on one by one, get them out the picture first, so that's the plan. Was thinking maybe some kind of national curriculum where children are forced to read my flash phrase contributions, ok starting to drone now. Hang on. 'Take that you cad.'

'Again. More. More pain

<Thwlack, crunch>

My nose, my beautiful nose. OK, feel better now.'

Yeah, I've forgotten your questions. Look I'll see you around I'm a busy man y'know, need to check my hotmail junk an say hi to Nataschalia, see if lending stream have been in touch.

4. matwoolf

Banzai, Cogito and Daniel? Flipping heck, you're frightening me now. I'll go fetch my crystal. Just check this. Is often the way, ummm so Leinad, Otigoc and Iaznab...no. OK, so now that I'm induced into the brotherhood eh? Good stuff. The secret's safe with me. But I'll be going down the beach. Can't beat a brisk 5 degree ocean swim in 7mm wetsuit, brown water. Yah, beat that fellas? Not a wave for two hundred miles, is fine, I'm adjusting, glass perfection. Just thinking about your boot on my fly face and my tiny whiskers poking from under the sole. I know. I am an insect. Proud insect though, some of those summer bees can really give you quite a shock. Right, back later.

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Welcome :)

6. matwoolf

The brig squashed smudge on the horizon. Flory, the vessel's chef, decides upon a boat trip. He has rowed these two miles single-handed. Anchovy diet has made the crew restless and he needs to supplement luncheon for his reputation's sake if nothing else. Monkey meat or big cat? He wasn't exactly sure. Tugging the rowboat through the surf, his feet puddle the crunchy sand. Flory will rue deposit of his musket and powder that lies useless, dry upon the bench seating.

For there, shock beyond shock, stands a solitary native figure. Flory dribbles terror from his lower lip, hyperventilating a shrill greeting. 'Flory, Flory da da fdd dda,' he manages, melting heat bumping boils of sweat across his bony frame.

Well, that's what they taught us at school. Hi Mallory hope the sun shines for you too:)