1. Gene Harmon

Gene Harmon New Member

My Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gene Harmon, Sep 16, 2013.

Good evening all,

I am a freelance writer living in Cartersville, GA and have been writing for most of my adult life. Published credits include local and national newspapers as well as being the author and developer for four websites.

My non-fiction book, Under the Smoke, has been published and is available for sale online in print and electronic formats. It contains personal recollections of visiting the Smoky Mountains from the time I was a young child.

I am happily married with children and grandchildren. All but one of the former came from previous marriages and two were “mutually adopted”. My youngest child is with my wife and soulmate. We are active members of a local Lutheran congregation which is more like an extended family.

In my spare time, I have been feeding my passion in history with involvement in Civil War re-enacting since 1994. I also enjoy historical research, hiking, camping, biking, and generally relaxing outdoors. Reading and writing are always a large part of everything I do. I am also currently pursuing my first BA in History with a minor in English from Georgia Highlands College and Kennesaw State University.

I have written several chapters of my first fiction work based in 1755 western North Carolina, Shadow Catchers and also currently working on a book containing experiences this summer, during which I have been working as a living history interpreter at Denali National Park & Preserve in Alaska.

Gene Harmon

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome, Gene. :)

Best place to start is in the Forum Rules to save any missteps.

Wrey

3. Gene Harmon

Gene Harmon New Member

Thanks ! :)
    I assume that was for the link ?

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yeah, we have pretty tight rules about links. It's no biggie; you've only just stepped through the door. ;)