1. themilkybarkid

themilkybarkid New Member

Goals For 2014

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by themilkybarkid, Jan 4, 2014.

Hi all - long-time lurker, only today taking the plunge to register.

I'm roughly 8,000 words into what I hope will ultimately become a 60,000 words + novel (underwhelmingly concise by many of your standards I know!). First thing to note is that I am a painstakingly slow writer. The dive-in and go method just isn't me. I was amazed recently to realize that it's been over a year now since I first got the idea. I plan and plot and replot until I'm blue in the face, and essentially do everything in my power to not start. But I eventually exhausted all means of procrastination and got my opening words down. Momentum is, slowly, building.

Knowing me it will be many months before I finish (and many more before concluding the rewrite process), but I'm starting to believe 2014 will be the year I fulfil that long-time goal of completing a novel, and I could not be more excited at the thought of clutching that hard-earned manuscript in my hands.

Nonetheless I'm expecting roadbumps and (writing) blocks along the way, and thought this thread might be as good a place as any to document, and attempt to iron them all out. It would be great to know too what all you guys are aiming at over the coming twelve months, and to be kept abreast of your challenges and progress.

I know it's sure as hell gonna be a lot easier knowing that there are a few of us in the same boat navigating these tricky waters, and that every word of your journey will only help encourage me grab that paddle and keep pushing onward.

So what are your writing goals for 2014? What do you hope to have achieved by this time next year?

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Is your handle a subtle reference to A Clockwork Orange? A bit of the old moloko? ;) I moved you thread here to New Member Intros where it's a better fit.

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey