1. megascops

megascops New Member

Greetings, Earthlings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by megascops, Jul 8, 2016.

Heya! I'm always nervous when I write introductions for forums but here goes.

So hi! You can call me Faith or Beans if you want. I'm a Very Shy, vertically challenged millennial and I really love ornithology, astronomy, stage magic, cartoons, pop art, and Zelda games.

I've been writing since I was a kid, though it was mostly just role-playing and short stories that i could pump out in a couple of hours (including editing) without too much prior planning, and any attempt I made at a full length novel more or less died on the first page. But, instead of deciding novel writing just wasn't meant to be my fate, I went and made a few characters and developed them for years until I finally thought of a perfect somewhat decent contemporary fantasy/murder mystery story (complete with beginning, middle, end, emotional drama, AND subplots!) to stick them in.

I'm looking forward to making a complete and utter fool of myself as I ask for help with the most basic of things!

bonijean2 and Oscar Leigh like this.
  2. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Hello, Faithful Beans. o_O Welcome to ze forum. I look forward to watching you make a fool of yourself? :-D

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the madhouse!:D
    Why do you have so many names? Isn't Megascops enough?
    The easy questions are the easiest to get answers on thankfully, so make a fool of yourself a plenty!
    Anyway, here's your free member's uniform!;
    Straightjacket for WritingForums.jpg
    :p
    Take this to guide you on your way!;
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/.
    Enjoy your visit, oh strange otherworldy one!:D

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Faith, and on behalf of the staff, welcome to WF! Are you perhaps a spaceling, then? ;)

Well, I hope we'll be able to inspire, support, and help you on your writing journey. Oscar already kindly linked the New Member Quick Start Guide, which should, as the name suggests, get you started around here. :)

See ya!

-Kat

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  5. megascops

megascops New Member

Thank you! And thanks for the uniform, it's incredibly comfortable.
    Ha, Megascops is fine. Faith and Beans are some names I use in other parts of the internet, andMegascops is rather a mouthful, comparatively. Really though, call me anything you like. Some names that are popular with my friends are Nerd, Dork, Dweeb, etc.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  6. FireWater

FireWater Senior Member

Welcome!

Oscar Leigh likes this.