1. Jair

Jair New Member

Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jair, Oct 19, 2016.

I'm new to this "forum" experience so I'd appreciate if anyone would help me getting familiarized. Anyway, hopefully with this I will be able to grow as an aspiring story-maker.

I'm very young and I love reading. My interests vary from Shakespeare tragedies to Star Wars novels to Narnia. I guess I'm a bit varied in my likings, but reading has been a hobby of mine for as long as I can remember.

I enjoy writing stories, given my background as a reader, and my stories are mostly fantasy with a hint of sci-fi. I mostly have short stories and incomplete drafts, but the stories are in my head and notes so I just really need to finish.

Anyway, I hope I can grow with you guys and learn a thing or two here.

Most sincerely, your friendly new guy to the forum, Jair.

P.S. If anyone could share any ideas on how to publish a book that'd be nice (For future ambitious purposes).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Jair, and welcome to WF. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start Guide; it should help you get familiar with the ins and outs of the forum. If you're interested in publishing, we have a sub-forum dedicated to that topic specifically, so feel free to check it out. :)

See you around!

-Kat

3. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Hello! It's great you are starting young. Get that stuff in your head down on paper. I'm old... I'm working on my fourth novel but have only just begin to try and get published. I write fantasy/sci fi, a little bit of horror. I'm just starting the Query letter and synopsis process, and looking submitting to agents I've found online and in guides to literary agents. It's a tough market, and I can use all the tips I can get myself. Welcome.

4. Jair

Jair New Member

Thanks for the tips! I appreaciate the warm welcome! And yes, I'm making sure to write everything down on paper. I recently started a personal project on keeping a dream journal. I take my most extravagant and amazing dreams and write them down as if it's a story. I narrate my dreams as one of the characters. And I also draw in the notebook for the sake of visualizing. Stories are another world honestly. It's amazing what you can come up with. Anyway I hope the best for you in your Query letter. It honestly sounds like a bit tedious of a process but best of luck. :)

-Jair