1. morning_lightning

morning_lightning Member

hi!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by morning_lightning, Jul 9, 2017.

good evening- i'm currently stuck in my story, so in order to distract myself i thought i'd surf the net and stumbled upon this site, so happy i did!!

2. Charles Gull

Charles Gull Active Member

Hello and welcome,

it is certainly good to 'be at it' and writing. Nevertheless, occasionally coming up for air and freshening your head is also good.

I look forward to bumping into you around the forums. I generally hang out in the novel critique section but I do take the occasional wander into other areas too.

3. morning_lightning

morning_lightning Member

thank you! i've crawled around the critique section, but i'm not any good at critiquing people, i'm always afraid i'll hurt their feelings- and there is zero chance i want someone to critique me, because you would definitely hurt my feelings. . . . . . . :D;)

4. Charles Gull

Charles Gull Active Member

Nobody wants to hurt anybodies feelings around here. We all do our very best to be as constructive and supportive as s possible (which is very).

Don't worry too much about writing a 'proper' critique that protects peoples feelings. The important point is to explain how the piece of text makes YOU feel. Just start out by telling people this. If you like it say 'Nice, I liked it'. If you were puzzled by something just say 'Such and Such confused me, I'm not sure what you meant to say.'

Start simple and build up your skills as you go along. We are all here to learn and grow. We like to help each other to do just that.