1. Dreams_on_Mars

Dreams_on_Mars Member

Great to be here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dreams_on_Mars, Jul 9, 2017.

Hello.
    I am 32, and I am a 3d artist who is working on making a short cg animation. I have been working on the script for that short, and I am interested in making the script underlying it as strong as possible.
    I have completed a rough draft for a book before (though it needs tons of work and I mainly look at it now as my practice.)
    I hope we all learn new things along the way on our new journey here. Thanks for having me in your club. ;)

2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Welcome!

Do you have a basic story idea for your animation? A genre?

3. Charles Gull

Charles Gull Active Member

Hello and welcome,

I also dabble in 3d animation (Blender coz it's free!). I am writing books mostly at the moment but one or two sections of the story would be best presented as animated shorts.

I look forward to bumping into you around the forum.

4. Dreams_on_Mars

Dreams_on_Mars Member

@BayView yes I have a rough script. Yes, I do have a story idea. Hopefully an okay one.
    I am not sure what genre it would fall under, but it has sort of a haunted dark feel, but isn't a horror.

@Charles Gull Yes I use blender as well, cause I can afford free. That sounds interesting how would you present the shorts/chapters together? That sounds interesting. Good luck.

5. Charles Gull

Charles Gull Active Member

The big challenge is to identify a single media format that can deliver both block text and animated illustrations convincingly. I have been playing with a kind of 2d/3d crossover graphic novel format. Early days yet. I have a gigantic sci-fi / fantasy saga to write first!