Tags:
  1. heidilynn

heidilynn New Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by heidilynn, Dec 7, 2017.

Hello, my name is Heidi and i am brand new. i used to write short stories in my teens and recently decided to give it a go once again. i'm looking forward to learning and getting feedback, good or bad. thank you for giving me a place to explore the world of writing.

2. Kwills79

Kwills79 Member

Welcome Heidi! I'm pretty new too, but I really like this forum. What kind of short stories do you write (any common themes, genres?).

3. heidilynn

heidilynn New Member

not really, the one i am working on is about mortal woman that was severly scarred in a car accident where her father was dinking and driving. as a result she lives alone and is a hermit of sorts. solo hiking is her only means of vacation because she can be far from people and them staring and pointing at her. she meets a vampire that turns out to be her soul mate, every vampire has one. that soul mate's blood can make them mortal, and the vampires blood restores the human's body of any flaws. it's gods reward for making a vampire human again....... it's a rough idea. they meet on the trail while he is hunting animals and she is hiking.

4. Kwills79

Kwills79 Member

Wow, sounds super interesting! You should definitely post it here once you're at that point. Good luck!

5. heidilynn

heidilynn New Member

that really helps, thank you. i don't want it to be like Twilight. i have read them all and love them but i want my characters more mature, late 30's.

6. Kwills79

Kwills79 Member

I agree-I read the Twilight series as well, and I have to say, I thought the writing was pretty sappy a lot of time, and not that great overall. But I still read the entire series. Sigh. I would like to read a more adult, mature version with some more adult, nitty-gritty issues (and language!).

7. heidilynn

heidilynn New Member

own them, read them twice, and have the dvd's. me too. but i understand that that series was geared more to the teen audience. i don't want x-rated but a nice compromise. one of my favorite books is Edge of Twilight, Maggie Shayne. it's the only book i have read cover to cover. lol