1. Ralph Gnarlsford

Ralph Gnarlsford New Member

Greetings from a potential sponge

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ralph Gnarlsford, Sep 18, 2020.

Hello all, my penname is Ralph Gnarlsford and I am just getting started in writing stories. I've written some stories for friends before and also used to tell stories to a past love of mine, but have never really attempted to put things out to a wider audience. I really have no formal training in creative writing never took more than the required English classes in high school and college. However I hope to limp along and work on getting better as I write more. I'm open to suggestions regarding best steps to take in my quest to be a better writer.

I have a number of stories in my head that I've worked through for a while. However the devil is in the details so I'm working on getting my mental images onto the screen in the form of the written word.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to learning from you.

LostArtist and Steve Rivers like this.
  2. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Greetings and welcome to the forum, budding writer!

You might want to edit the title and change "spongue" to "sponge". ;)

Other than that, I'm sure you'll find lots of stuff to absorb here. A moderator should be along shortly to point you to the best places to start.

3. Ralph Gnarlsford

Thank you. As you can see I also need to work on my spelling.

4. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

Limping along is what we all do really with writing. One day we all hope to walk in a straight line hehe.
    Good luck with getting your ideas to take form Ralph. The idea stage (for me) is the most fun part of all.

Welcome to the forums!

Ralph Gnarlsford likes this.
  5. Kyle Phoenix

Kyle Phoenix Active Member

Welcome to the forums Ralph. I hope you have a great time here and best of luck with your writing. :)

6. LostArtist

LostArtist Member

Welcome to the forums Ralph Gnarlsford (a brilliant name by the way). Looking forward to seeing the stories you share!
    LostArtist

7. Ralph Gnarlsford

Thank you all for the wonderful welcomes. I assure you that my penname is nothing like my real name so I doubt anyone I know would suspect that I'm Ralph.