1. RadioactiveRavioli

RadioactiveRavioli New Member

Currently Reading::
    Journey To The West

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RadioactiveRavioli, Aug 15, 2021.

Hello!

I was lurking the site for quite some time to learn some writing tips and see how the members interact. After some time, I decided to join because I want to not only learn directly from the members, but perhaps have a mentor. I'm always open to listen to ideas as well as tell my own. I'll admit, I'm not super experienced, and I only write as a hobby, so there might be some literary terms and techniques that fly over my head. I sort of slacked off during English throughout all my high school and college years, so that might also be a factor. :sleepy:

I major in cybersecurity and I recently got my A.A as well as my certificate in Digital Forensics. By the time Fall semester finishes, I will hopefully have my A.S in Cybersecurity. Thanks to my interest in major, I have a story that revolves around hacking and the cyberpunk genre. I still have yet to put it into work, mostly because new ideas keep springing up! I'm also writing another story, but that one focuses more on fantasy/adventure.

Overall, I hope to have a wonderful time with everyone here!

Miss Literary, petra4 and SethLoki like this.
  2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

RadioactiveRavioli,

Glad you left lurkerdom to officially join in. All of those ideas, just jot them down in a file and organize them into a great tale! You may not use all of the ideas springing up--in the current tale. But there'll be others.

Terry

3. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Hi, welcome. Cybersecurity/Digital Forensics sounds like an incredibly useful base from which to write Cyberpunk, especially the more Cyberspace-oriented kind. Another very useful thing is joining a community such as this; it has done my writing a world of good, anyways.

4. Mullanphy

Mullanphy Banned

Welcome to the forums.

Suggestion: write down every idea that pops up. Seriously - you never know when one of them will become useful.

5. petra4

petra4 Active Member

Currently Reading::
    A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
    Hi and welcome,
    Sorry for the late reply but we’re still in lockdowns here in Melbourne