1. AntiSaints

AntiSaints New Member

13 Ghosts II

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AntiSaints, Mar 15, 2008.

Hey there.

(I usually don't bother to introduce myself at forums like these, if only because it is outwardly admitting how n00bish I am to the community. But things are as they are.) I'm an amateur writer, 2 time NaNo attempter (-oh *Jesus* I was so close last year it killed me.) and immature teenager, obsessed with bands like Dir en Grey, Nine Inch Nails, ガゼット, アリス九號, Marilyn Manson, Velvet Acid Christ, 12012, アビングドンボーイズスクール, ムック, and stuff of that weeaboo nature.

Anyways, err. Hi. (Haahahahsadnbasmnfbds oh god this is why I don't do introductions e__e; )

~ Morgan

Oh, and, haha. I'm a Jap and Latin nerd. LANGUAGES FTW.

2. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hiya, Morgan. Can you teach me Latin?

3. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hey Morgan and welcome to the forum!! :D

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Morgan, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

hiya morgan welcome to the forum

6. flashgordon

flashgordon New Member

Welcome to the forum Morgan, looks like you will fit in nicely here.

7. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

Hey Morgan, welcome to the forums. Japanese and Latin, huh? I've tried Japanese, it wasn't for me, but I've always been interested in learning Latin, I can imagine it's hard work.

Anyway, feel free to explore the site and don't hesitate to contact one of the mods if you need help with anything.

8. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site :)

9. EyezForYou

EyezForYou Active Member

Is Latin the same as Spanish?

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

No, but it is the language that Spanish, Portugese, Italian, and French were primarily derived from. Knowing some Latin can help you learn and understand those other languages as well.

11. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

Hey, Morgan;) Welcome, welcome, welcome! Latin? Hmm...When I was in school, a long time ago, we had a choice between Latin and drama. No disrespect to Latin, but I'm so happy I picked drama. The only word I know in latin is...plaustra (wagon). Don't ask:) Enjoy the forums.