Tags:
  1. MumblingSage

MumblingSage New Member

My heart in on the shores of Gitchee-Gume, my body

Hiding the 'Review Room'

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MumblingSage, May 15, 2008.

In order to reserve first print rights for short stories, would it be possible to 'hide' the review room forums from anyone who is not logged into this forum? I know it's possible on some forums, and it's a big help to authors whose main work is short-stories. It would also remove some, if not all, of the concerns associated with posting stories for review.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I've already addressed this somewhat in the Novella thread. Unless it's broken, guest (anonymous) users cannot read the contents of posts in the Review Room. If that is NOT true, it's a bug, and you should notify Daniel (the site owner) immediately.

But as easy as it is to get accounts, that is simply not enough protection.

The bottom line is, if it's something you plan to submit for publication, keep it close to you chest and don't post more than short excerpts for critiquing.

3. lessa

lessa New Member

I know that if I am not logged in I can't read the story sections.
    I like that feature.
    I like my friends here reading what I write just not sure I would like
    unknowns doing the same before I get support from friends.

4. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

As said by Cogito and lessa, the content is hidden. The only thing guests should be able to see is the title of the thread, nothing more.

5. MumblingSage

MumblingSage New Member

My heart in on the shores of Gitchee-Gume, my body
    In that case, my apologies. I logged out to check; when I saw that you could still see the forums I assumed they were accesible (on the other forums I've been where written work is protected, the entire forum is invisible). I checked just now and, sure enough, got a 'you are not logged in, please log in to procede' message.

I'm sorry for the inconveniance.

Cogito especially, I'm sorry if I've been obnoxious about this. I blame stress and general unpleasant day, though I guess I'm also a know-it-all. I'll try to stop harping on issues like this again, especially if I'm not 100% certian I've gotten my facts straight.