1. Aple

Aple Member

A is for Aple

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Aple, Oct 21, 2015.

Hi! I'm a writer of young adult and new adult fiction.

I currently am working on a young adult/new adult cross over series of 7 books about the seedy underbelly of angelic culture.

I also have two contemporary new adults and a Sci fi young adult that are in all different phases of being done.

Looking for more writers friends! I'm great at thinking on the outside of other people's boxes!

So hi!
    *insert awkward wave*

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Intrigued. :geek: :-D

Welcome! Make sure to read the Forum Rules and the New Member Quick Start to get a bead on our general modus operandi. :agreed:

Wrey

Aple likes this.
  3. Morgan Stelbas

Morgan Stelbas Active Member

Hi Aple!
    Thanks for saying hello on my intro. I was trying to say hello to the newbs, but I got busy, sorry!
    Your writing style sounds interesting, and maybe, a little more advanced than my amateur's amateur experience.
    So I look forward to reading some of your work!

Aple likes this.
  4. Aple

Aple Member

Thanks. I've been writing for a long time... not to age myself.

5. Masterspeler

Masterspeler Active Member

hello Aple,

You may be a newbie, but you sound like you've reached the dream, and gotten some exposure out there. Or am I wrong?

Either way welcome. In case my words are elllllooooonnnnggggated, it just means I engaged my warp drive. I gotta write on the go.

AB

6. Aple

Aple Member

I just have a lot of writing under my belt.

My cross over is going to have to be self pubbed to start because the market is still saturated. So I am finishing up the freebie novella prequel and then working hard on edits for the first three books before I start releasing them. Then I'll release one every 4 months until all 7 are out.

The other Books are in various phases of finished.

7. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

Hey Aple, What got you into writing? I am also heavily interested in angels, mythology and world history.

8. Aple

Aple Member

I have always written as an outlet. So.etching a therapist when I was young got me in the habit of doing to manage my ADD.

It didn't really develop into a career choice until about 7 years ago when I really started working on my angel series hard core.

9. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

Hey Aple.

What made you decide do the switch? The advice I like seeing most for writers is: Don't be one. :)
    As we all know it is a hard journey filled with risks. You have to really be passionate about it in order to start, I am curious as to what go you passionate about it, and where do Angels fit in all this.

10. Aple

Aple Member

If I'm going to be honest... Stephenie Meyer is what changed mine from hobby to career. If she could be a stay at home mom and make it work, then so could I.

I had a lot of downtime when my son was a newborn. So I just started writing. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into. I have been learning the hard way ever since it seems. But my skin is progressively thicker and I know a lot more now than I did then, and I'm still kicking.

Angels are just what came forth when I started writing. I let my characters be who they want to be. That group happened to want to be angels. Not all good angels, but angels none the less.

What about you?

11. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

Stephenie Meyer does makes for a great heroine. :)

Angels, is not so far from what I am writing, although I tend to keep the story about them very subtle, at least in my first three books.

I am curious about what direction you are going with this, are you basing your angels of old mythology or modern view of angels. The plot gives you a lot of opportunities to choose from.
    Editing is messy isn't it? :) Hard to get it all right.

About me, you can say I come from movies and video games world. If you want to write scripts for video games and movies you have to prove yourself as an author first. I am giving it my best shot by creating my own space opera, I did a lot of research into science, history, politics, and mythology before I jumped into the water. My goal is to create a realistic, mature and honest space opera. I have a lot of experience with firearms and military situations which also helps quite a bit in those aspects. My grammar is improving, although not as fast as i'd like.

Right now I am working hard on perfecting my first book, and delving deeper into the world of marketing. Honestly I don't know which one is harder, but I do feel that this is what transforms you from an amateur into a professional.

How many children do you have now Aple?

12. Aple

Aple Member

My angels are a mix of a modern twist on the mythological take. If that makes sense? There's a lot of rewritten history in mine.

I am 4.5 books into my series.

Editing is definitely the hardest part. Harder than writing and marketting.

It took me about 5 years to perfect the first book. Now the rest are far easier to get out once I learned all those hard lessons.

And I have two kids... my monsters are 8 and 5.

13. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I never deny my years. They are badges of honor! :superyesh: If anything, I add extra ones guaranteed to invoke ego-soothing exclamations of "No way!" and "You look so young!" :superwink:

Aple likes this.
  14. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the board. Wreybies is the Methuselah of the board. I think he has more lives than a cat.

Aple likes this.
  15. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

Wreybies, I stand with you there. The more you flaunt your traits around, trait which other people might feel inclined to judge, the more powerful you feel.
    I feel that Charlie Sheen, is nowadays most popular example of someone who isn't afraid to bask in such image.

Aple, how come you haven't published your first book? Or maybe I just got you all wrong and you have :)
    Another day of editing hell...

16. Aple

Aple Member

I have published the first book in my series. And then I unpublished it because I learned a lot from that experience.

Mostly that my book was still not ready for the public eye.

So I'm getting it ready once again to send it out for public scrutiny in a month or so.

17. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

Sounds, like an interesting decision, I also have been playing around with a similar choice. You seem to learn a lot as you go in this biz.

18. Aple

Aple Member

Yes you do. And the more friends you make along the way the better it gets. Especially friends that are agents and publishers and other writers.