1. Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful New Member

Hello from Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ever Hopeful, Nov 30, 2015.

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie around here so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Murielle and I live in Canada. I'm planning to take a novel writing course through the London School of Journalism Distant Learning Courses in how to write a romantic novel in January because I have no idea as to what the hell I'm doing.

I'm also a major history buff and Anglophile. Sometimes I think it's more fun to do the research than the writing itself...heh. My interests vary from the days of the witch hunts to the eighteenth century. My biggest dream outside of getting published is to go to the English and Scottish archives and get to see something that was written by Elizabeth I and Mary, Queen of Scots.

I live with two black cats and my fiancee. It would be nice to make some friends on here if possible. Other than that, I'm excited to hear from everyone.

Cheers

Murielle

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Hi, Murielle! I'm also Canadian and also write romance (and other stuff). Welcome!

3. Your Puppy

Your Puppy New Member

Hello!! I'm new also and also from Canada. :) I hope you find your course very enriching and that you also have fun here!

4. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

I've been hanging around this forum for a while, but I still think of myself as a newbie.

Oh. And I'm also from Canada (currently Ottawa, but I've lived in Halifax, Fredericton, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver, too).

5. Kalleth Bright-Talon

Kalleth Bright-Talon Member

<----Newly minted Canadian phoning it in, because we Canadians shall form a great Alliance-Pact and take over this great forum to become its supreme Overlords of The Maple Leaf!!!

BrianIff likes this.
  6. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

I've never seen so much national unity before. (;

7. ikkie

ikkie New Member

hey..new to the community. :)

Ever Hopeful likes this.
  8. Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful New Member

Hells yeah! Congratulations on the new citizenship Kalleth, where did you hail from before moving here?

9. Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful New Member

I lived in Calgary. I live in Edmonton now. It's not bad, but I miss the stuff you could in Calgary. I find that there's not a whole lot to do here when you have visitors. It's like...um...we have a really snazzy...nope not even that...lol

Sack-a-Doo! likes this.
  10. Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful New Member

Awesome! What kind of romance do you write?

11. Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful New Member

Sorry it took me so long to write back guys :). Thank you so much for your welcomes. What does everyone write about? Has anyone been published yet?

12. BayView

I started in m/m, but I also write YA and contemporary m/f. - m/m is at www.katesherwoodbooks.com, m/f and YA at www.catecameronauthor.com.

How about you? What are you working on?

13. Kalleth Bright-Talon

Kalleth Bright-Talon Member

Well this is kind of awkward... When I said newly minted, I meant on the forum specifically. I'm a homegrown Canadian of upstanding patriotic maple syrup suckling vintage!

As for what I write, I've only done real work in fantasy/historical fiction. Of course, I'm hoping to branch out and do even more! As of right now, I've got one self-published novel on the market though!

14. Sack-a-Doo!

I write tongue-in-cheek speculative fiction. Would that be called humour or comedy? Don't know.

I had two ebooks published about fifteen years ago, but they went out of print...

15. Sack-a-Doo!

That's funny because when I lived in Calgary, I often found myself playing bars and lounges in Edmonton and could never find anything to do during off-stage time... except hang out at Mother's Music. :)

16. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

On behalf of the staff, welcome. :) Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started if you haven't checked it out yet.

Always nice to have more Canadians around. :D

-Kat

Kalleth Bright-Talon likes this.
  17. Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful New Member

I want to finish a story I started a while back about the French Revolution. I doubt it'll it ever see the light of day but it'll be good practice. It's more romance than historical fiction, but one day I want to try my hand at that too one day :). How long did it take you to get published? You must have been over the moon :D
    Are you working on anythingnew?

18. Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful New Member

That's cool. I like humour books :)

And about your other post...lol. Yeah, Edmonton can be dull. I have a theory though. I think it's because it's not as cultured as Calgary. It's more blue collar I think ... *sigh*. I used to live in Ottawa as a kid. I loved it there. Are you working on anything at the moment?

Sack-a-Doo! likes this.
  19. Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful New Member

I was wondering if anyone has worked on any projects on this forum and had them edited by other posters?

20. Sloppy

Sloppy Member

Hey, welcome! I'm pretty new too, haha.

21. BayView

It didn't actually take that long to get published, but my first books were with a new (at the time) publisher who was willing to take a chance. And then most of my books after that were with that publisher or other fairly small publishers. It took about five years of publishing like that before I sold a book to the Big 5.

And I'm always working on something! The cover in my avatar is the first book in a series I'm self-publishing, so I'm working on other books in the same series right now. It's fun.

22. Sack-a-Doo!

Yeah, I'm still rewriting Aliens Don't Bend at the Knees. I've got five chapters polished so far (IOW, more or less pretty sure it's mostly kind-of finished, but not 100% sure yet). :)
    How about you?

23. Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful New Member

Very cooll

BayView likes this.
  24. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum.

The short story contest needs more votes and I'm trying to help it grow. Want to immerse yourself in this forum? Don't be shy. Become a voter in the short story contest. Get started on the right foot. Make someone's day and vote for their story. The link is in my sig. :agreed:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015